3hr Tauranga Sun-downer History Tour COMPLIMENTARY Wine or Beer
Departs 2:00pm Winter 3:00pm Summer. A tour of Tauranga city taking in the sights of early european settlements, the battle of Gate Pa, views of the harbour, local history and how Tauranga grew to be the city it is today. Finishes with a complimentary glass of wine or beer at The Clarence boutique hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 11 seater modern, clean air conditioned minivan for your comfort and safety
- Live commentary on board
- Local driver/guide
- Tauranga CBD accomodation pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tauranga, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
This tour will take you through some of the local history of Tauranga. Starting off at Mount Maunganui you will hear about how the area existed before human arrival. Then to The Elms mission station you will see some of the oldest settlement buildings in New Zealand and get an understanding of how Europeans became established in the area.
At Monmouth Redoubt you will see evidence of the British occupation of the area and learn about the New Zealand Wars and the significance of the battle of Gate Pa. Moving on to the battle sight you learn about how the battle unfolded.
We then go to the reminants of Otumoetai Pa where there are beautiful views across the harbour from what was once considered to be the capital of Tauranga learning more about the Musket Wars and how peace was brought to the area.
Lastly we head back to The Clarence Hotel and learn how the site was used by the local mission, the british army and the local government and enjoy a glass of wine or tap beer.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any accomodation in the Tauranga CBD.Ports
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Limited Mobility aid accessibility - please discuss with tour operator at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Passengers must be able to embark/disembark with minimal assistance.
- Infant seats available on request. Please discuss with tour operator at time of booking. (booster is on board at all times)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.