4-hour Lake Mapourika Kayak and Hike adventure, with Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary
Explore all that Lake Mapourika has to offer in this half day guided Kayak & Walk excursion - just minutes away from Franz Josef Glacier! Paddle across the calm, reflective waters and take in the panoramic views of NZ's tallest peaks and Glaciers. Follow your guide through the rain forest trail and enjoy coffee and tea while taking in the views. Plus, FREE photos (emailed after tour)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Beverages (tea/coffee)
- Local guide
- Complimentary photos
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Meals (please pack your own small snack or lunch)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Dip your paddle into Lake Mapourika's glassy waters and set foot upon the ancient soils in the Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary. This is your chance to get up close and personal with South Westland's oldest untouched Jurassic age rainforest.
• Lake Mapourika, State Highway 6, Westland Jetty Bay, Franz Josef, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) 7886 New Zealand
Departure Point :Lake Mapourika Recreational Area, Waiho 7886, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
You may also meet us at the Lake Mapourika Jetty, but please let us know if this is your preferred option.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum child age is 4 years
- Wear loose comfortable clothing, jeans are not recommended. We do our best to keep you dry.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.