40-minute Mt Fyffe Summit Heli Tour in Kaikoura
Experience the true beauty of Kaikoura and mountain top experience without the 4 hour hike. On a clear day the view stretches from the North Island to Banks Peninsula. During Winter there is often an abundance of snow to play in, take pictures and build a snowman!
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary from our pilots who are flying encyclopedias on the local area.
- 360 degrees of mind-blowing, panoramic views overlooking the spectacular Kaikoura region.
- Headset with microphone to clearly hear your commentary and ask questions on your journey
- Views of the North Island and Banks Peninsula on a clear day.
- Includes snow at times in winter.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaikoura, Kaikoura, Canterbury Region, South Island
Fly from our beach front helipad up over the coast to land on Mt Fyffe (1602m/ 5200ft) where you'll enjoy 360 degrees of mind-blowing, panoramic views overlooking the spectacular Kaikoura region. Includes snow during winter!
See landslips and huge cracks - evidence of the November 2016 Earthquake.
Weather permitting, fly over a Hutton Shearwater colony
See the lower North Island and the Banks Peninsula on the horizon on a clear day.
Enjoy the views of a 4-hour mountain climb without the effort.
Approx 45min trip including landing.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :16 West End, Kaikōura 7300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- A headset is provided with a microphone for communicating with your pilot
- Please call 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your booking +64 3 319 6609
- We recommend wearing covered shoes and bringing a warm jacket
- We recommend bringing your camera and sunglasses
- All passengers will be weighed before departure
- Your pilot in command will load helicopter based on weight and balance
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- If the weather does not allow you to fly, we will be happy to rebook you for a later time if your travel schedule allows. Alternatively your voucher can be used at one of our other helicopter bases in Wellington or Christchurch
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.