55 minute Grand Circle Ski Plane
Join this 55-minute Ski Plane scenic experience through the Mt Cook and Westland National Parks for a unique air tour like no other. Flight path goes right around Aoraki MT Cook and views over to the Fox, Franz Josef and Tasman Glaciers. The ultimate way to see the Southern Alps including a glacier landing! Bucket list item!
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- The ultimate way to see the Southern Alps. Traverse the Main Divide to the West Coast and view the breath-taking landscape of the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. Track north along the Tasman Sea before recrossing the snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps to the Tasman Glacier. Enjoy the stunning views of the Mt Cook National Park as you track south down the Tasman. Fly through the Grand Plateau and the Hochstetter Icefall as you pass under the east face of Aoraki Mt Cook before descending over the Tasman Terminal Lake.
Key highlights include beautiful views right from take-off, Two glacier snow landings, views of Mt Cook, Mt Tasman and Mt Sefton, stunning views of the West Coast of New Zealand, Hochstetter Icefall, Grand Plateau and Plateau Hut, Snow/ice all year round, and the aircraft will completely shut down on landing, really giving you a chance to soak in the atmosphere.
With hotel pickup and drop-off included, leave your worries behind you to enjoy an amazing Southern Alps experience!
Departure Point :Mount Cook Airport, Mount Cook Road, Canterbury 7999, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dual landings are subject to snow conditions and may be substituted to one longer landing
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions
- Minimum of 2 people per flight applies before the flight will operate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Check in closes 45 minutes prior to the flight time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Mount Cook Ski Planes & Helicopters are proudly Covid Clean certified.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.