6hr Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
Departs 9:00am. A must do for all Lord of the Rings fans! Join us for a magical journey to Middle Earth where you can become part of the wonder that was created called Hobbiton! The Hobbiton Movie set was used for the 'Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit' film trilogies and is situated on a family run sheep farm close to the town of Matamata in the Waikato province. It is now a Tolkien tourism destination, offering guided tours of the set.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Local driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Free Locally made Kiwifruit Ice cream
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
This tour starts with at Mount Maunganui beach before heading out of the city and over the Kaimai ranges where we make our way towards Hobbiton.
On arrival at the Shires Rest Cafe you are collected and taken to Middle Earth via the 1250-acre sheep farm. Your expert guide will take you on a 2-hour journey through "The Shire". You will be told the story of how the remote set was discovered and how Hobbiton is a living film set maintained by a team of gardeners. It is the only purpose-built film set in the world where the public can go and experience it as it is in the movie.
After a break for lunch and shopping at the Shires Rest Cafe, we head back over the Kaimai range stopping at the lookout for a photo opportunity then on to our final stop at McLaren Falls a 190 hectare park set alongside Lake McLaren with a ten minute walk through native New Zealand bush-land to view a picturesque waterfall.
Finally we return to the city and return you to the beginning of the tour.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Tauranga CBD and Mount Maunganui accomodationPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Limited Mobility aid accessibility - please discuss with tour operator at time of booking.
- Infant seats available on request. Please discuss with tour operator at time of booking. (booster is on board at all times)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Passengers must be able to embark/disembark with minimal assistance.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.