6hr Rotorua Geothermal Wonderland Tour
Departs 9:00am. Visit Kiwifruit Country and learn all about the kiwifruit industry before heading to Rotorua to take in the breathtaking sights of beautiful lakes, towering Redwoods, boiling mud pools and gushing geysers. Your guide will take you on a tour of the park sharing about the Maori culture, the history of the area and how the Maori lived day to day along with beautiful views of the geothermal areas. The tour will end with a cultural performance including a welcome on to the Marae or meeting house, examples of traditional songs and the famous haka.
per adult from
What's included :
- 11 seater modern, clean air conditioned minivan for your comfort and safety
- Live commentary on board
- Local driver/guide
- Kiwifruit tastings
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entry into Te Puia Geothermal Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
This tour starts in Mount Maunganui where you will hear the legend of how the mountain Mauao got his name. See New Zealand’s most popular beach and listen to the history of the Bay of Plenty learning about the arrival of the first people.
Leaving Tauranga we head to Kiwifruit Country, where you can taste the kiwifruit and learn about how we grow the best kiwifruit in the world.
Before we get to Rotorua we stop at Okere Falls. Known for its waterfalls and white water rafting and take a short walk through an example of our New Zealand forest.
In Rotorua we stop at Te Puia home of the famous Pohutu, and Prince of Wales Feathers Geysers and mud pools. Your guide will take you on a tour of the park sharing about the Maori culture, the history of the area and how the Maori lived day to day along with beautiful views of the geothermal areas. The tour will end with a cultural performance including a welcome on to the Marae or meeting house, examples of traditional songs and the famous haka.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1 The Mall, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Tauranga CBD and Mount Maunganui accomodationPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Limited Mobility aid accessibility - please discuss with tour operator at time of booking.
- Infant seats available on request. Please discuss with tour operator at time of booking. (booster is on board at all times)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Passengers must be able to embark/disembark with minimal assistance.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.