Absolutely Rotorua: Wai-O-Tapu, Waimangu, Rotorua Sights and Mitai Maori Village
Experience Rotorua's most iconic sights in an engaging day trip, Including Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland in the morning, Waimangu in the afternoon followed by a Snapshot City Sights Tour and an evening Hangi dinner and performance at the Mitai Maori Village. Transport provided throughout the journey You will get to watch the impressive eruption of Lady Knox Geyser and explore the unique lakes, pools and craters the park has to offer. At Waimangu you will see the world's youngest Volcanic Valley
The Snapshots tour is designed to give you an overview of the area while going to some of Rotorua's most scenic places. Discover the history, stories (both old and new), the sights and the smells. You will have an authentic insight into the Maori culture at the Mitai Maori Experience. Enjoy the stunning cultural performance that will take you back in time and take a bushwalk along the Fairy Springs accompanied by the lights of glowworms.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hangi dinner at the Maori Village
- Pickup from i-Site or accomodation
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van
- Full commentary by driver/guide
- Self guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland (90 minutes)
- Entry into Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Maori cultural performance and Hangi meal at Mitai
- Self guided tour of Waimangu Volcanic Village ( 2 and 1/2 hours )
- SnapshOt Rotorua city sights tour, 90 minutes
- Lady Knox Geyser.
- Entry/Admission - Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Entry/Admission - Headfirst Travel
- Entry/Admission - Mitai Maori Village
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lady Knox Geyser, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Watch the impressive eruption of Lady Knox Geyser and explore all the unique lakes, pools and craters.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Explore spectacular nature at New Zealand's most colourful natural volcanic area. Walk at your own pace - view the unique Champagne Pool, Sinter Terrace formations, Steaming Ground, Bubbling Mud, Expansive Vistas, Huge Volcanic Craters.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
Half day morning tour from Rotorua including 90 minutes self guided tour of Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Arrives back in Rotorua 1:15pm.
depart Rotorua 9:15am with pick ups from 8:45am
Two and a half hours at Waimangu Volcanic Valley
Good walking shoes with treaded soles are recommended for Wai-O-Tapu.
Lunch not included but may be purchased from Waimangu Cafe.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Headfirst Travel, Rotorua 3007 New Zealand
SnapshOt is a Rotorua City Sights tour with our experienced drivers bringing alive
The tour is designed to give you an overview of the area while going to some
of Rotorua's most scenic places. Discover the history, its stories
(both old and new), the sights and the smells.
Minimum of two people. Departs Rotorua i-Site at 4pm.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mitai Maori Village, 196 Fairy Springs Road, Fairy Springs, Rotorua 3015, New Zealand
In the evening, you will get an authentic insight into the Maori culture at the Mitai Maori Experience. Enjoy the stunning cultural performance that will take you back in time and take a bushwalk along the Fairy Springs accompanied by the lights of glowworms. A special highlight is the hangi dinner, which is traditionally prepared for you in ‘hangi pits’.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3007, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child half price of adult
- Infants free.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Be aware that it is required a minimum of 2 persons to run SnapShOt
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.