Afternoon Piha Beach and Rainforest Tour from Auckland
Explore and admire Auckland's largest regional park, the Waitakere Ranges, on this 5 hour afternoon eco-tour.
You'll be picked up from your centrally located Auckland hotel before traveling 30-minutes west to the Arataki Visitor Centre. From the Arataki Centre take in panoramic views extending from the Tasman Sea to the Pacific Ocean and absorb the area's history and admire the magnificent traditional Maori carvings that stand guard there.
From here enjoy a walk in the rainforest before visiting a beautiful black sand beach for a walk on the soft sand.
Afternoon refreshments are provided along with full commentary from our driver guides.
per adult from
What's included :
- Inner city Auckland hotel pick up and drop off
- Guided rainforest walk
- Visit Arataki Visitor Centre - gateway to the Waitakere Ranges
- Visit Piha Beach
- Coffee and/or Tea - Enjoy afternoon tea refreshments - tea, coffee, juice and cookies
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arataki Visitor Centre - Waitakere Ranges, 300 Scenic Drive, Nihotupu, Piha, Auckland 0604 New Zealand
Enjoy amazing views and hear about the history of the Waitakere Ranges at the first stop on this tour
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Waitakere Ranges, Piha 0772, New Zealand
Enjoy a easy walk through the rainforest of the Waitakere Ranges
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piha Beach, Piha, Auckland New Zealand
Walk along the black sand beach of Piha (30 minutes) & time for afternoon tea refreshments
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Bush and Beach, Auckland Central, Auckland 0650 New Zealand
Enjoy a half day tour with Bush and Beach - Please note this information is limited due to the locations not being available to be added on this platform
Departure Point :SkyCity Auckland, Victoria Street &, Federal Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
The above list does not include all pick up hotel locations - Pick up is included from most inner city Auckland accommodation - please advise where you are staying and we can give you a pick up time or meeting location. Return point: Returns to original departure point at 5:30pm
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately with comfortable walking shoes
- The tour is suitable for all ages and abilities
- Although lunch is not included, the tour does stop at a local bakery if you wished to purchase some. Cash is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum TWO adults required for this tour to run.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.