Afternoon Te Anau Cruise on Historic Motor Yacht
Join this tour for an elegant cruise on the historic motor yacht "Faith" on Lake Te Anau. This relaxed 3-hour experience includes a guided walk in the Fiordland National Park, a delightful afternoon tea and refreshments, and cruising home under sail. You have 3 uniformed crew hosting you while on board, and 2 nature guides to show you the delights of New Zealand scenery. This option is restricted to 16 passengers to ensure a comfortable, personable experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Afternoon tea
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You’ll arrive at the historic wharf on the edge of Lake Te Anau at 1.55pm for a 2pm departure on the ship, Faith. You`ll be met by your crew who will give you a safety briefing, and an order of events for your cruise. The crew will cast off and give you time to explore the ship. You’ll be offered tea and coffee once under way, and either have a chance to chat with crew, or enjoy time to yourself.
You’ll have some amazing photo opportunities at all times, especially as you enter the South Fiord of Lake Te Anau. You’ll dock on the Hidden Lakes wharf and have your nature guide take you for a 15-minute walk into the first of the Hidden Lakes. This is another wonderful place for photos. It’s an easy walk with no hills on the track. It`s a leafy trail, so you’ll want to have comfortable footwear.
Upon return to the Faith you’ll have your afternoon tea and refreshments served, and time to relax and listen to the sounds of nature with the engine turned off.
As you cruise out of the South Fiord your crew will raise the sails if the wind allows, and cruise back to Te Anau with the special feeling of big sails billowing above you. Upon return you’ll be accompanied back down the wharf to shore by your crew. At all times our intent is to be relaxed and allow you the flexibility of choosing to focus on the chapters of the experience which give you the most pleasure. We aim to return at 5pm.
Departure Point :Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.