Akaroa Eco-Safari with Alpaca Farm Tour and Wine Tasting
Your journey to Akaroa takes in the stunning scenery of the rugged Banks Peninsula coastline and farmlands. Stopovers include the award winning Barrys Bay Cheese factory at Duvauchelle, and the quaint Little River Café & Gallery. The the day's highlight: wander through herds of grazing alpacas, marveling at their exquisite fleece. Enjoy feeding the beautiful and mysterious alpacas whilst enjoying breath-taking views of Akaroa Harbour. Experience an interactive presentation by the people at Shamarra as you take the opportunity to handle and walk among these incredible animals. Afterwards, browse the Alpaca shop where an exclusive collection of luxurious dye free alpaca knitwear is available. Finish off the day with a wine tasting at the very special French Peak vineyard.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Interactive tour of a high-country alpaca farm
- wine-tasting and afternoon platter
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Shamarra Alpacas
- Entry/Admission - French Peak Wines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Banks Peninsula, 575 Summit Road, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
Your journey to Akaroa takes in the breath-taking scenery of the rugged Banks Peninsula coastline and farmlands.
Stop At: Akaroa, Akaroa, Canterbury Region, South Island
Enjoy wandering around the French township of Akaroa.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Shamarra Alpacas, 328 Wainui Main Road, Akaroa 7582, New Zealand
Alpaca farm tour - Wander through herds of grazing alpacas, marvelling at their exquisite fleece. Enjoy feeding the beautiful and mysterious alpacas whilst enjoying breath-taking views of Akaroa Harbour. Experience an interactive presentation by the people at Shamarra as you take the opportunity to handle and walk among these incredible animals. Afterwards, browse the Alpaca shop where an exclusive collection of luxurious dye free alpaca knitwear is available.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: French Peak Wines, 79 French Farm Valley Rd, Akaroa 7520 New Zealand
To complete your day, enjoy an end-of-day wine tasting (or non-alcoholic beverage) and afternoon platter at the special French Peak vineyard.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be pick up from any centrally located Christchurch hotel / motel. Kindly be ready to board the bus arriving outside the hotel foyer approximately 5 minutes before pickup time. After hotel pick-ups, the distinctive bus (black Mercedes) will be parked and waiting alongside Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Ave Central Christchurch, near the corner of Worcester Blvd. until the scheduled departure time
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.