Akaroa Full Day Sightseeing Tour from Christchurch
Enjoy a Sightseeing tour to Akaroa through the spectacular scenery surrounding Banks Peninsula, formed following violent eruptions of two ancient volcanoes. The Akaroa crater nurses the picturesque harbor and Akaroa village. Experience a Nature Cruise with highlights including the rare, NZ native dolphin - the Hector's Dolphin, as well as penguins and other sea birds. And you'll see giant volcanic sea cliffs and hear about Akaroa's fascinating past. The Tour also includes a delightful lunch at Bully Hayes Restaurant.
What's included :
- Lunch - (if option chosen)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Stop At: Akaroa, Akaroa, Canterbury Region, South Island
Following a morning pickup by air-conditioned coach from your Christchurch hotel, head out along the road to Akaroa to begin your tour. Tour includes Tourism Award Winning & Supreme Tourism Award winning cruise, on Akaroa Harbour.
Visit the beautiful unspoilt old French whaling depot of Akaroa. A charming small township nestled in a inner harbour bay of Akaroa Harbour on Banks Peninsula.
The township contains a host of historic buildings, craft and gift shops together with a multitude of idyllic photo opportunities. Lunch is available at the naturally picturesque setting of Akaroa Village at the popular Bully Hayes. (Lunch is an optional extra) In the afternoon enjoy the Akaroa Harbour Cruise on the Canterbury Cat. On your return journey to Christchurch a stop will be made at the Barry’s Bay Cheese factory, where you will get to sample some fine New Zealand cheese
Pass By: Lake Ellesmere, Christchurch Akaroa Main Road Waihora, Christchurch 2004 New Zealand
Travel to Akaroa via Lake Ellesmere, Lake Forsyth and Little River
Stop At: Barrys Bay Cheese, 5807 Christchurch Akaroa Road Barrys Bay, Akaroa 7582 New Zealand
Visit the Barry's Bay Cheese Factory for a cheese tasting of locally made cheeses, the only remaining cheese factory on the peninsula from a bygone era. Next you can enjoy the quaint colonial architecture and wander around the charming 150 year old French harbor side village of Akaroa with its museum of settlers' history, art and craft shops and studios and al fresco cafes and wine bars. In the late-afternoon, hop back aboard your coach for the drive back to your Christchurch hotel, where your tour will come to an end.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.