Akaroa Shore Excursion: Akaroa Harbour and Giants House Local Tour
Enjoy a local 3 hour guided sightseeing shore excursion of Akaroa exploring the beautiful township, harbour, and this portion of the Banks Peninsula. After being picked up from the Akaroa Wharf, your coach will travel through township and the inner bays of the Akaroa before arriving at a local cheese factory, for tastings, and travelling along the old volcanic crater rim for some magnificent views of the harbour and peninsula. Afterwards, head back into Akaroa for a guided tour of the famous Giants House, with its beautiful gardens and mosaic sculptures. This tour is perfect for those looking for a short tour of the local sights and attractions!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - The Giants House
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akaroa Harbour, Canterbury, New Zealand
Drive through the beautiful Akaroa Harbour and learn some amazing facts about the history of this area of New Zealand before driving along Summit Road with stops along the way for great photos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hilltop Tavern, 5207 Christchurch Akaroa Road, rd1, Duvauchelle 7591, New Zealand
Visit the Hilltop Tavern, close to the summit of the crater rim, which affords spectacular views and a short time for coffee or tea.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Barrys Bay Cheese, 5807 Christchurch Akaroa Road Barrys Bay, Akaroa 7582 New Zealand
A short stop will be made at the Cheese Factory in Barry’ Bay, at the bottom of the Hilltop, where delicious local cheese can be sampled and purchased.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Giants House, 70 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa 7520 New Zealand
On returning into Akaroa, a stop will be made at the Giant’s House, with its beautiful gardens and mosaic sculptures, where a guided tour has been arranged for your enjoyment. Finally, your coach can take you back to the wharf or alternatively you can continue exploring on foot.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Akaroa Dolphins, 65 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.