Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Jet Boat on Waimak River
See the sights of Christchurch when your ship is docked in Akaroa port, then enjoy one of the adrenaline-charged adventures New Zealand is famous for on a wild jet-boating ride on the Waimak River. Combining the grand urban architecture of Christchurch and the exhilarating experience of jet-boating, you’ll see both sides of New Zealand on this city and river shore excursion.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Jet-boat ride
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akaroa Village Inn, 81 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
First you will be collected at the park at the end of Akaroa Wharf (opposite the Akaroa Village Inn) at 10.30am and driven through the village of Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula with stunning views of rolling hills, lakes and coastlines before arriving in Christchurch.
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
After boarding our coaches from the Akaroa Port, we'll take you through to the Christchurch Botanic Gardens & Christchurch Museum via the scenic Banks Peninsula. Explore on your own for 30 minutes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Depart the Botanical Gardens for a brief Christchurch City tour highlighting city landmarks and the rebuild of city centre after the 2011 Earthquake.
Stop At: Alpine Jet Thrills - Braided Shallows, Hamilton Quay Kaiapoi, Christchurch 7691, New Zealand
Enjoy an exhilarating Jet boat ride, “The Braided Blast”, on the snow-fed Waimakariri River in the shallow river flats. Speed and spin in waters that is sometimes only centimetres deep.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Banks Peninsula, 575 Summit Road, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
Travel back to Akaroa via the Banks Peninsula to board your cruise ship.
Departure Point :Akaroa Dolphins, 65 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Life-vests and splash-proof jackets provided on jet-boat
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- The minimum age for jet-boating is two years of age.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.