Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
Aoraki-Mt Cook, Tasman Glacier & Alpine Centre all-inclusive all-day scenic tour from Christchurch
Enjoy travelling to the famous Hermitage Hotel and the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and the 3D theatre, Museum and digital dome Planetarium. Take in the truly breath-taking scenery upon entering the southern alps of New Zealand and relish the sites of the Ben Ohau Range, Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki, and multiple sites from "middle earth" (places used to film "Lord of the Rings"). Enjoy the close proximity and spectacular views of New Zealand’s highest peak in the Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park. Later in the day you will undertake a side trip to the Tasman Glacier.
- Buffet Lunch at the iconic Hermitage Hotel, Mt Cook
- Morning tea Afternoon tea and refreshments
- Entry to the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
- Side trip to the Tasman Glacier
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional guide
- Transport in luxury mini-coach with on-board complimentary WIFI and USB charging
Operates in nearly all weather conditions - so dress appropriately
- Day 1 : Aoraki-Mt Cook all-day scenic tour from Christchurch – mountains, lakes, glaciers and Alpine CentreExplore the history of the Mount Cook region at the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre 3D theatre, Museum, Gallery, and digital dome Planetarium. See the magnificent southern alps of NZ with scenery stops in mountain lakeside centres and even "Middle Earth" (Lord of the Rings) locations along the way. Side trip to Tasman Glacier included – a photographer’s dream! . Enjoy a lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide. Luxuriate in a roomy Mercedes-Benz bus with free WIFI and extra-large high visibility windows for panoramic viewingMeals :Lunch
Pick up available from all major Christchurch central city hotels. Or, hop on before departure outside Canterbury Museum Central Christchurch. Look for the distinctive Maossie Tours bus (black Mercedes) parked and waiting until the scheduled departure time of 8:30am