Auckland Bush, Beach and Bites Trail
This tour is your chance to get away from the city & experience this paradise we call home. If you're a nature nut, animal lover or you just love to get out for a walk among beautiful scenery this is the trail for you! It's a small group tour with no more than 6 people. Perfect if you are not into the "big tour bus" vibe. You'll see unique trees, bush & some pretty exotic bird life. As we stroll along the elevated board walk, we will hear bird song & get glimpses of birds you would not believe are so close to the city! We then head to a coastal walkway. Here you'll stroll along beautiful golden beaches then trek across ancient coastal lava flows. After all that & once you've worked up a hunger we'll deliver locally caught fish n' chips on the beach with a beer, cider or soft drink to wash it down. A classic kiwi picnic! No worries if your vege, just let us know. Go for a swim if you like in our clear blue waters while you wait for the Kai(food). I then drop you back to the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Fish and Chips on the beach, with your choice of drink. Be it a local beer, cider, wine or soft drink, or the classic water!
- Alcoholic Beverages - New Zealand beer or cider to wash down your lunch!
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Takapuna Beach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Takapuna Beach, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
From our meeting point we’ll jump into some pre-ordered ubers and make our way across the bridge, soaking up stunning views of our harbour, city and volcanoes as we go. After a ten minute ride out of the city we’ll arrive at a small yet enchanting slice of native bush that even many locals don’t know about. It's an elevated bush walk and if we're lucky we'll start to hear and then see Tui in full voice and flight. These guys are singers and mimickers and they have quite a story! You'll learn about native trees, New Zealand bush medicine and wildlife that you may not have seen before. It's stunning natural beauty, and quite peaceful too.
After our bush walk we'll head to a beautiful beach and lovely waterside trail. You'll take in local landmarks and natural beauty including our imposing Rangitoto Volcano, our youngest at just 600 years old.
It's an intriguing coastal trail, we'll pass through old lava flows, rock pools and wait until you hear the story about the castle we pass by! Finally we'll reach lovely Takapuna beach where this time of year it's an awesome spot for a swim to cool off. We'll finish with a classic Kiwi fish and chips lunch and a beer on the beach.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Ferry Building, West Side, Level 3, 99 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with limited mobility
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.