Auckland Insider Tour: Food Tour with Local Expert
Taste the best of Auckland on a food tour with an expert guide who dishes on the city's freshest produce, wine, and seafood, among other tasty treats, during a 4-hour tour. Travel by minivan throughout the city to visit the Auckland Fish Market and drive to landmarks including Mt Eden, Ponsonby Road and the Auckland Domain. Visit a farmers' market as well as other artisan producers who provide samples of the delectable goods they make. Enjoy a wine tasting and light lunch with your companions on this small-group tour limited to 6 people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Mornng Tea
- Food and wine tastings
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Auckland Fish Market, 22 Jellicoe Street, Auckland 1062 New Zealand
After morning pickup at your hotel or the Auckland Fish Market, travel by comfortable minivan with a food-loving guide who provides an insider’s tour of Auckland’s fabulous food scene. Rich soil and a temperate climate means that Auckland gets a variety of fresh locally grown produce all year long. Superb wine regions and talented artisan producers are located nearby, contributing to the wealth of epicurean delights to discover in the city.
Your knowledgeable guide will take you to a farmers' market where you meet local food producers and taste their delicious produce, jams, sauces and baked goods. Stop in at specialty foods store to sample their wares. Then enjoy a personalized tour of the Auckland Fish Market where you go behind the scenes to meet vendors and restauranteurs who specialize in fresh seafood from the oceans around New Zealand. Your guide also takes you to great spots for a wine tasting and a light lunch.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Auckland Domain, Park Road, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Take in some of the city’s top sights as you drive around the city. Drive down Ponsonby Road to where your guide points out a number of favorites among the hip area’s boutique shops, cafés, bars and restaurants. Head to the top of Mt Eden to peer at the grass-covered cone of an ancient volcano and admire panoramic views over Auckland. Pass by the Auckland Domain, the city’s oldest park, and get an overview of the 185-acre (75-hectare) expanse. The grounds include formal gardens, the Wintergarden Pavilion and the excellent Auckland War Memorial Museum. Many people choose to visit the museum after the tour ends and your guide can provide drop off at the museum.
Throughout your tour, your friendly guide shares informative commentary about Auckland’s food and wine, diverse cultures, and current trends for a fun and fascinating tour.
Departure Point :Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be advised at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.