Auckland Shore Excursion: West Coast Wineries Tour
When your cruise ship docks in Auckland, don't miss the chance to taste a variety of New Zealand’s wines on a fun and informative winery tour. Visit two or three wineries, and enjoy views of the Tasman Sea along the way! With a choice of morning and afternoon shore excursions, you can choose the tour that best suits your cruise itinerary.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Wine tastings
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kumeu, Auckland, New Zealand
Your personalised Auckland Wine Tour of Kumeu wine country & our West Coast area, get away from the crowds to enjoy the wines and the views, wine tasting tour of some of the best vineyards in the Auckland region.
Stop At: 469 Motutara Road, Muriwai Beach, Auckland 0881 New Zealand
Included is a sightseeing visit to the wild west Tasman coast overlooking magnificent Muriwai black sand beach.
This is where the New Zealand wine industry was founded by pioneering settlers from the Mediterranean coast of Croatia over 100 years ago. It is an area steeped in local wine history and features many heritage wineries.
Stop At: Gannet Colony, Cape Kidnappers, Clifton New Zealand
Wineries in this region source grapes from their own local vineyards in the West Auckland area as well as New Zealand’s other grape growing regions including Marlborough & Central Otago in the South Island and Hawke’s Bay & Gisborne in the North Island. This means they have a wide range of different types of grapes growing in optimum conditions (soil types and climates) from which they produce a wide variety of wine types, this is what we call the “New Zealand wide wine tasting experience”. There is also a wide selection of large long established wineries and small to medium sized boutique wineries. With the most experienced wine tour guide we customise your tour to your tastes and interests.
The tour will also take in some spectacular West Coast scenery including the rugged Tasman Sea coastline overlooking magnificent Muriwai black sand beach and the world renown ‘Takapu’ gannet colony where you can easily get up close to these large sea birds & their nests (birds nesting July/August to April/May). There are morning and afternoon departures available, the morning tour will visit two wineries and the afternoon tour will visit three wineries, again according to your personal preferences.
Departure Point :PwC Tower 188 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Alcohol may be supplied to minors only by their parents or legal guardians
- For passengers ending their cruise in Auckland and have the day available for this tour option there is a secure luggage storage available on the wharf close to where your cruise ship will berth. Should luggage storage be required full details will be supplied at the time of your booking confirmation
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.