Auckland to Hobbiton Movie Set Private Tour
Enjoy a private tour in a Mercedes luxury vehicle from Auckland to the Hobbiton Movie Set, made famous by the movie trilogies “The Lord of the Rings” and ‘The Hobbit”. Hobbiton Movie Set is located in the idyllic Waikato Region South-East of Auckland, set on a stunning New Zealand farm. This “Middle Earth” experience will be a highlight of your travels in Aotearoa (New Zealand).
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: 9am to 5pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Entry fee: Hobbiton Movie Set Tour NZ$84 p.p.
- Private Hobbiton Tour NZ$750 first 4 guests, then NZ$84 p.p.
- Entry/Admission - Matakana Village
Stop At: Matakana Village, 2 Matakana Valley Road, Matakana, Auckland 0986 New Zealand
This hugely popular private tour provides private transport to and from the Hobbiton Movie Set at a time convenient to you and with flexibility to suit your interests.
On the way to “Middle-Earth”, we drive through prime New Zealand countryside with its rolling hills and fertile pastures. The route takes us through a string of small, historic river towns and offers beautiful views of the beautiful farming region of the Waikato, named after the Waikato River, New Zealand’s longest.
Our destination of Matamata, commonly referred to as Hobbiton since its inception as a major filming location for Peter Jackson’s world-famous “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” trilogies. It lies in an idyllic landscape with sheep farms and wonderful views towards the Kaimai Ranges in the east.
On arrival at the famous Hobbiton Movie Set, you will go on a 2-hour tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set. This will give you astonishing insights into how these movies were made and which parts of the movies were filmed here. Not only movie fans will enjoy this unique experience with inside views of the Hobbit village including Hobbit Holes, Bag End, The Green Dragon Inn and astonishing facts about the filmmaking and spectacular landscape all around.
Then return to Auckland after a great private tour where you have been able to see one of New Zealand’s most famous attractions.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.