Auckland to Rotorua via Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set One-Way Private
Optimise your time in New Zealand with this Private Luxury Tour from Auckland to Rotorua. Incorporate visits to both Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set into the journey. Pick-up in Auckland and drop-off in Rotorua.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: Auckland 8am to Rotorua 6pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to attractions: Waitomo Glowworm Caves NZ$53 p.p.
- , Hobbiton Movie Set Tour NZ$84 p.p. Private Hobbiton Tours NZ$750 first 4 guests, then NZ$84 p.p.
- Entry/Admission - Matamata i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matamata i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 45 Broadway, Matamata 3400 New Zealand
Combine a luxury transfer from Auckland to Rotorua with a visit to 2 world-famous attractions in New Zealand: Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set.
The Waitomo Caves, which are located about 2.5 hours south of Auckland, is iconic in New Zealand and beyond. On this tour we travel via the Thermal Explorer Highway touring route, taking in the special region as we drive through the beautiful countryside of the Waikato and King Country.
As we drive southward, we show you sacred Taupiri Mountain as well as Ngaruawahia, the site of Turangawaewae Marae (Maori meeting place) and seat of New Zealand’s Maori King. At Waitomo, experience the underground wonderland that is Waitomo Glowworm Caves with thousands of Glowworms as the major attraction.
We continue on to the Hobbiton Movie Set near the rural town of Matamata, made world-famous as the original setting of Sir Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” trilogies. On the 2-hour tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, get astonishing insights into how these movies were made and which parts of the movies were filmed here. Not only movie fans will enjoy this unique experience with inside views of the Hobbit village including Hobbit Holes, Bag End, The Green Dragon Inn and astonishing facts about the filmmaking and spectacular landscape all around.
Then continue on to Rotorua to drop you off after a great private tour where you have been able to see 2 of New Zealand’s most famous attractions. Please note we can also tour you around Rotorua in the following days with our intimate knowledge of this region and all of New Zealand, so please ask us!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Rotorua, Bay of Plenty 3010, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.