Auckland to Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set Private Tour
See two iconic NZ attractions all in one wonderful day. Visit the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set for a tour of one of the most iconic movie sets worldwide. This ultimate Downunder (Cave) Tour combined with “Middle Earth” will optimise your time in NZ.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: 8am to 7pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
- Entry fees to attractions: Waitomo Glowworm Caves NZ$53 p.p.
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour NZ$84 p.p.
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
On this best-selling private tour, you have the unique opportunity to experience 2 world-famous New Zealand visitor attractions on a wonderful, personally guided one-day tour. On the way to Waitomo we pass through the beautiful countryside of the Waikato and King Country. Our experienced and knowledgeable local Host-Guides will tell you about New Zealand and its extraordinary places you will see along the approximately 2.5 hour journey from Auckland to the Waitomo Glowworm caves.
As we drive southward, we show you the sacred Taupiri Mountain as well as Ngaruawahia, the site of the famous Turangawaewae Marae (Maori meeting place) and seat of New Zealand’s Maori King. At Waitomo you will experience the world-famous Glowworm Caves on a 45 minute tour, which includes a boat ride on an underground stream to view the magically dazzling glowworms.
From Waitomo Caves, we continue on to the Hobbiton Movie Set near the rural town of Matamata, made world-famous as the original setting for extensive portions of Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” trilogies.
On arrival at the famous Hobbiton Movie Set, you will go on a 2-hour tour to give you astonishing insights into how these movies were made and which parts of the movies were filmed here. Not only movie fans will enjoy this unique experience with inside views of the Hobbit village including Hobbit Holes, Bag End, The Green Dragon Inn and astonishing facts about the filmmaking and spectacular landscape all around. Then return to Auckland after a great private tour where you have been able to see 2 of New Zealand’s most famous attractions, all in one day.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.