Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Tour - Snorkel, Hike, Swim, Paddleboard, Wildlife
Escape the crowds and discover the Bay of Islands on our 5 hour personalised and interactive Island Cruise & Tour.
Locally owned and operated, with a passion for sharing our beautiful area.
Suitable for all ages, families, solo travellers and couples...experience it all!
• Two remote island stopovers
• Native bush walks and 360 degree views from the island lookout points
• Enjoy complimentary beachside morning tea/coffee & biscuits
• Snorkel untouched island reefs
• Try stand-up paddle boarding
• Lookout for unique wildlife throughout the day
• Interactive commentary and information
• Scenic cruising among 144 subtropical islandsThere's no better way to spend the day....join us for an Island Getaway Cruise and Island Tour
per adult from
What's included :
- Small group tours (20 people maximum)
- Scenic Cruise among 144 Islands
- Two remote island stopovers
- Swim, Snorkel and relax (all equipment provided)
- Wildlife spotting, commentary and information throughout the day
- Stand-up Paddleboarding (all equipment provided)
- Complimentary Morning Tea/Coffee and Biscuit
- A truly personalised, local experience
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- • Check-in at the Salt Air Office (Helicopter office next to the Paihia Wharf) at 9.45am
• Our crew will greet you and bring you down to our boat as they welcome you on board
• Take a seat as we begin cruising the sheltered coastline towards the outer islands
• Keep and eye out for local wildlife as your skipper and crew will point out local hot-spots and provide plenty of history and information about the area.
• Our first stop is Roberton Island (also known as the famous Twin Lagoons) where we disembark and take a 10 minute walk amongst native flora and fauna to the island lookout point - a breathtaking 360 degree view of the Bay of Islands.
• Upon returning from the walk, your crew will provide beachside morning tea with coffee/tea and biscuits.
• Take some time exploring the tidal lagoons, or take relax on this secluded island before making your way back on board the boat.
• Our tour continues as we cruise among the 144 islands the bay has to offer. Keep an eye out for marine life and unique shore birds that live in the area - sometimes we are lucky enough to spot dolphins and a variety of other wildlife throughout the day!!
• Arriving at our second island stop, we begin our activities....all equipment is available for you to discover the underwater reefs with snorkelling gear provided and give Stand-up Paddleboarding a try.
• Take a walk along one of the island trails, enjoy a swim or relax on the unfrequented beaches in the warmth of the sun....some days, you can even try fresh NZ Kina (seafood) - there are options for everyone.
• After our time on the second island, we begin our cruise back home through the islands following the coastline back into Paihia.
• Whether you are a solo traveller, a couple on a honeymoon, or a family on vacation, your visit to the Bay of Islands isn't complete until you have experienced our Island Getaway Day Cruise
Departure Point :Salt Air Tours, Marsden Road, Paihia 0247, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: If you are arriving in Waitangi Wharf, the cruiseship provides FREE shuttle buses for cruise ship guests to transfer you into Paihia (5 minute bus ride)
- The bus will drop you off outside the Paihia Wharf next to our check-in location - SALT AIR HELICOPTER OFFICE
- PLEASE BRING LUNCH IF YOU HAVE NOT PRE-ORDERED A LUNCH PACK AT TIME OF BOOKING
- Suitable for families, couples and solo travellers
- Suitable for all ages
- Please bring a swimsuit & towel, and appropriate clothing for the day
- Please bring lunch& drink for the day
- Minimum numbers apply. (3 people) There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of departure will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- No-show will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- Cruise-ship guests need to insure their travel insurance covers them in the unlikely event that the cruise-ship does not stop in port, as we are unable to refund in these situations.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.