Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
Bay of Islands Explorer Small Group Tour from Auckland
One day small group tour from Auckland to the most picturesque and popular holiday and tourist destination in the far north of NZ - The Bay of Islands.
The Bay of Islands boasts more than 140 beautiful sub tropical islands and the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, which is the site that the earliest contact between the indigenous population and European settlers took place in New Zealand. On this tour you will be picked up from your hotel (specified hotels only) to enjoy a guided tour to the Bay of Islands.
Once we have reached this amazing region you will head out for a half day cruise on the Explorer 'Discover the Bay' trip, which includes dolphin watching (whenever possible), a visit to the famous Hole in the Rock plus a BBQ lunch at a beautiful island beach. All of this while cruising and being guided with relaxed commentary through this breath-taking area.
After the cruise you have the option to visit the historical town of Russell (New Zealand's First Capital) or join a Waitangi grounds tour where the Treaty Documents agreed between the English and local Maori were signed.
After some exploring, we slowly make our way back to Auckland with a few surprise stops for breaks and photo opportunities on the way.
- 'Discover the Bay' cruise ticket and guided tour of the Bay of Islands
- The Hole in the Rock
- Beautiful scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Professional, fun and informative fully guided tour
- Dolphin Watching (when possible)
- BBQ Lunch on Urupukapuka Island
- On screen entertainment in tour vehicle
- Refreshments and snacks in tour vehicle
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Auckland hotel/airport pick up and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Wifi and USB charging ports available in tour vehicle
- Day 1 : Bay of Islands Explorer Tour from AucklandHighlights: Fully guided tour from Auckland in small groups, Bay of Islands cruise, Paihia, Uruoukapuka Island, Hole in the Rock, Dolphins and Whale watching, Northland region, Maori history, Waitangi Treaty grounds, historic Russell, refreshments and snacks provided, BBQ lunch. Tour departs time: 5am, Tour duration: 12.5 - 13 hoursMeals :None
Auckland hotel pick up times:
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only, starting up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Hotel Auckland.
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, SO/ Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, Waldorf Stadium Apartments.
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland, Ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, Skycity hotel, Skycity Grand Hotel.
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Auckland City Hotel, Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Kiwi International Hotel, Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, YHA Auckland City, VR Hotel.
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.
$10.00 NZD per person for on board Mobile WiFi
$50.00 Car Seat (Safety Seat for Children)