Bay of Islands Shore Excursion: Sightseeing with Kawiti Glowworm Caves
Join a Bay of Islands sightseeing tour from the Waitangi Port. See some of the best locations that this region has to offer while your ship is berthed in the harbour, including a guided tour of Kawiti Glowworm Caves, a stop at the picturesque Kerikeri, with tastings at Makana Confections, and a visit to the beautiful Haruru Falls and lookout point over Waitangi and the Bay of Islands.
What's included :
- All activities listed
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Kawiti Caves
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Stop At: Kawiti Caves, 49 Waiomio Road, Kawakawa 0210 New Zealand
From the port at Waitangi, you will be transported by coach to the Kawiti Glowworm Caves for an hour long guided tour through this stretch of cave where hundreds of tiny glowworms light the way.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Kawakawa, Kawakawa, Northland Region, North Island
Following your tour of the Kawiti Glowworm Caves, you'll next travel through Kawakawa, the historic 'Train Town' in the Bay of Islands, on your way to Kerikeri.
Stop At: Kerikeri, Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
The next stop is Kerikeri, well known for its successful horticulture, food products, boutique vineyards, art galleries and crafts. A visit to Makana Confections has been arranged where you can watch the making of chocolates, taste a few samples and purchase some delicious treats at your own expense. You will also be able to view the “The Stone Store”, New Zealand’s oldest building, and the adjacent “Kemp House”.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: 80 Haruru Falls Road, Haruru 0204 New Zealand
On your way back to port a stop will be made at the Haruru Falls, a rare and breathtaking waterfall in a horseshoe shape.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Waitangi, Waitangi, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
The final stop is at the Waitangi Lookout which provides some incredible views of Waitangi and the Bay of Islands. Afterwards, you will have the choice to either be dropped off in Paihia where you can explore on foot before catching one of the shuttles back to the tenders, or dropped off back at the Waitangi Port.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please catch a ships tender which will dock at Waitangi. On arrival at the tender wharf in Waitangi your driver will be waiting with signage "RW2" (will be on a Ritchies Coach). Please be ashore by 9.15am for a 9.30am departure.Please note the tender process can be slow and the early demand can be greater than capacity. In the circumstances please ensure you catch an early tender to avoid disappointment.Ports
- Waitangi Port
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please where a facemask for all transport.