Bay of Islands Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland
This small group, fully guided day trip combines the best of both a nature and highlights tour together to form the ultimate Bay of Islands experience.
• Bay of Islands Cruise
• Hole in the Rock
• Wildlife spotting
• Sites of cultural and historical significance
Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Group and Fully Guided Tour
- Cruise Tickets
- Bottled water
- Optional extra - One-way option from Auckland to Paihia available
- Entry/Admission - Whangarei Falls
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the area’s top highlights.
Stop At: Whangarei Falls, Whangarei New Zealand
Exiting Auckland we travel north through the stunning coastal countryside, over mountain ranges with spectacular views out to the Pacific Ocean and a variety of farm animals along the way. Stopping in Whangarei for a quick break we take advantage of and visit the very impressive Whangarei Falls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Paihia, Paihia, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Continuing north the beautiful scenery continues and our guide will entertain you with interesting information and stories of the area before we arrive at Paihia, the main town of Bay of Island, and our departure point for your cruise. While your guide collects the cruise ticket you will have a short time to explore this cute seaside town filled with art shops and cafés.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Depart on a magical cruise exploring the extensive islands of the area. During this cruise the guides will tell you all about the rich history and nature of the region while searching for the marine life that has made these cruises so famous. With a little luck we will find dolphins or whales or both for you to view and enjoy.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Cape Brett Peninsula, Northland 0184, New Zealand
The cruise continues with a visit to the iconic Hole in the Rock at Cape Brett (weather permitting). This massive ocean archway has been thrilling guests for decades.
Stop At: Urupukapuka Island, Paihia New Zealand
No Bay of Islands cruise can be complete without spending some time at the beach on one of the islands. In our case we will stop at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island. Have a swim, stroll along the white sand beach, walk to the top of the hill for scenic views over the entire Bay of Islands or simply recharge at the island’s fully licenced bar and café.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Russell, Russell, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Free time in the Bay-with the cruise coming to an end we have some flexible time for you to enjoy. Maybe stroll around the historically important town of Russell (New Zealand’s first capital) or time permitting and at your own expense head to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds (the birthplace of New Zealand).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Auckland, Auckland, North Island
Sadly after this day in paradise we must start to head south again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland with secret stops along the way.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges Hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Four Points by Sheraton, Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland, SkyCity Hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland City, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland City (Hobson Street), St Martins Waldorf Apartment Hotel, Tetra Serviced Apartments by Nesuto, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek main entrance, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Children aged 7 years and below are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with 24 hours’ notice).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.