Beginner Snorkel Lessons at Goat Island Marine Reserve
Learning to snorkel is the best way to get up close with our magical marine environments and their incredible marine life. Our interpretive snorkel lessons and tours are packed to the brim with marine education and conservation so you’ll come away from your session having learnt so much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
Whether you are learning to snorkel for the first time or are in need of a refresher, our Beginner Snorkel group beginner lessons are perfectly designed to get you comfortable and fully immersed in Matakana’s underwater playground.
During your guided snorkel lesson your passionate Marine Biologist guide will:
Familiarise you with your snorkel gear (mask, snorkel and fins)
Teach you in-water and beach safety
Those all-important snorkeling skills!
Our Beginner Snorkel Lessons / Guided Tours are a 2 hour group beginner lesson, with approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour in the water.
Our snorkel lessons are run at a relaxed pace and our groups small with a maximum of 8 snorkelers to 1 instructor.
All the equipment you need for your lesson is provided:
Mask, snorkel and fins
Full length wetsuit
A flotation devices if you lack water confidence
Photos / videos from your snorkel lesson
Homemade beach side treats, water and herbal teas
• Goat Island Marine Reserve, Goat Island Road Leigh, Warkworth, Auckland New Zealand
Departure Point :150 Goat Island Road, Auckland 0985, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.