Cape Reinga Half-Day Tour Including Scenic Flight
Discover the rugged natural beauty of Cape Reinga, located on the tip of New Zealand's North Island. Perfect for those short on time who want to make the most of this splendid area, this combination scenic aeroplane flight and driving small-group tour showcases the best of the top end of New Zealand. See the remote and beautiful silica sand beaches of Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay; wander the lighthouse at Cape Reinga, where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean; take a dip at Tapotupotu Bay; and sand-surf down the dunes at Te Paki.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Scenic flights to and from Cape Reinga
- 2.5-hour guided driving tour around top end of New Zealand
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup/drop-off at selected hotels in Paihia
What's excluded :
- Fly high above the beautiful landscape at the very top of New Zealand’s North Island, from Paihia to Cape Reinga. Get amazing aerial views of scenic harbors and the infamous Ninety Mile Beach before landing.
On the ground, hop aboard a minibus for a 2.5-hour guided driving tour through the top of New Zealand that will showcase the beautiful scenery. Wander around the Cape Reinga Lighthouse, where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean, and discover the history and myths of this sacred region.
Enjoy fresh oven-baked treats for morning tea, and then have time for a stroll along the beach at Tapotupotu Bay before heading to the Te Paki quicksand stream to sand-surf down the giant dunes.
The return flight to the Bay of Islands takes in more spectacular coastal scenery, including Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay, with pure white silica sand and crystal-clear water that is visible only by air or by sea.
All flights require a MINIMUM of 2 PASSENGERS to confirm, single passengers may need to be waitlisted pending further bookings
Departure Point :Bay of Islands Airport, 218 Wiroa Road, Kerikeri 0293, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
For morning tours, passengers staying in the Paihia area can be picked up from their accommodation to transfer to the airport. For afternoon tours they would meet at our Paihia office on Marsden Road for pick up.Those staying in the Kerikeri area or further away will meet at the airport for checkin.All passenger should provide their accommodation details when booking so we can advise the pick up or meeting time.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All departures are subject to weather conditions
- During the winter months, due to wet weather, the aircraft may not be able to land at Cape Reinga; on these occasions a 2-hour extended scenic flight option over the Cape area will be offered
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.