Carbon-free transport and tour through Orokonui Ecosanctuary
This is the traveller experience of the future. By utilising an electric vehicle to climb the 300 metres (1,000 feet) to Orokonui Ecosanctuary you are contributing to our sustainable future. And with a experienced guide and science communicator with you from start to finish you will appreciate the effort that ordinary New Zealanders are making to ensure that the birdlife of our past has a safe and secure future. Our sustainable future begins now.
What's included :
- Lunch - After the walk relax with a dish from Horopito Cafe within the Ecosanctuary Visitor Centre. Plus a hot or cool drink.
What's excluded :
Stop At: Port Chalmers, Port Chalmers, Otago Region, South Island
A brief stop at a lookout near Port Chalmers; views of port and harbour.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Mount Cargill Walk, Cluny St, Normanby, Dunedin, Dunedin 9010 New Zealand
We pause near the start of the walk for panoramic views of Otago Peninsula (weather permitting)
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Baldwin Street: The Steepest Street in the World, Baldwin Street, Dunedin 9010 New Zealand
See the street that draws people from near and far.
Departure Point :Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Can also pickup from AirBnB, backpacker etc.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers