Christchurch Heli-Jet - Helicopter and Jet Boat
No trip to New Zealand should be made without experiencing one of the countries spectacular pristine rivers and a jet boat blast up the river is a "must do" activity. Combined with a Helicopter flight it will be an extra special thrill!
Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
per adult from
What's included :
- Included in tour
- Professional Jet Boat driver and licensed pilot
- Entry/Admission - Waimakariri River
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Garden City Helicopters, 73 Grays Road Near Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 8042 New Zealand
Safety Briefing and board helicopter
Pass By: Christchurch, Christchurch, Canterbury Region, South Island
Ōtautahi, Christchurch, a city of exploration, where urban
regeneration, culture and heritage thrives. It is a city constantly evolving,
giving visitors something new to explore. On board your luxury helicopter your
pilot will inform and entertain, whilst you take in views of the newest city in
New Zealand. See the lush greenery of the “Garden City” from Hagley Park and the
Botanic Gardens to Deans Bush/ Pūtaringamotu, home to native bush forest
featuring kahikatea trees that are up to 600 years old. The central city from
above is a mixture of new urban precincts and old historic buildings that have
been restored after the earthquakes. You will have a great view of the
Christchurch Cathedral as it is rebuilt.
Pass By: Waimakariri River, Main North Road Canterbury Region New Zealand
The Waimakariri River is one of the largest rivers in Canterbury, on the eastern coast of New Zealand's South Island. 151 kilometres from the Southern Alps across the Canterbury Plains to the Pacific Ocean. Coming into land you will get a great view of this braided river.
Stop At: Waimakariri River, Main North Road Canterbury Region New Zealand
Greeted by your Jet boat driver and kitted up with wet weather gear. You will hop on board the jet boat to enjoy an exhilarating Jet boat ride, “The Braided Blast”, on the snow-fed Waimakariri River in the shallow river flats. Speed and spin in waters that is sometimes only centimetres deep.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Garden City Helicopters, Grays Road, Yaldhurst, Christchurch 8042, New Zealand
On completion of your jet boat ride, board your helicopter for a flight back to our helibase.
On landing make sure to share you pictures of your journey #gardencityhelicopters #gchaviation
Departure Point :73 Grays Road, Yaldhurst, Christchurch 8042, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children 2 to 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please wear a Jacket, Hat, Gloves, Sunglasses and Sunscreen - Warm Clothing
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Carry any medication that you may need.
- Departure times & experience itineraries can often be scheduled to suit personal requirements
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Vaccine Passes and mask wearing will be required to enter our premises or aircraft. This will be verified by staff upon arrival. This excludes individuals with an exemption or children under the age of 12. Please use the New Zealand Covid 19 tracer app
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.