"City of Sails" highlights - private tour with German tour guide
German / English speaking
City highlights and an insight into the history of the Maori
On this half-day tour you will experience the impressive volcanic world of Auckland, sniff Maori history and experience firsthand how it is in the “City of Sails”.
Discover the harbor with its impressive super yachts before we visit Bastion Point and get an insight into the history of the Maoris. From here it goes to a cozy beach district, far from mass tourism with a great view of Rangitoto, the largest volcano in Auckland and Browns Island.
Afterwards we visit Maungakieke, the third largest volcanic mountain in Auckland. It is an important memorial for both Maori and other New Zealanders.
Maungakiekie offers a magnificent view of the Hauraki Gulf, Auckland City and Rangitoto and rounds off the eventful morning.
I am happy to comply with individual wishes and the process can be designed flexibly.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Driver / guide
- Local guide
- Hotel / port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie)
- Entry/Admission - Westhaven Marina
- Entry/Admission - Achilles Point
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Bastion Point
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Auckland Domain, Park Road, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
City of Sails Tour
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Bastion Point, Hapimana Street, Mission Bay, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
Michael Joseph Savage Memorial
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie), 670 Manukau Road Epsom, Auckland Central, Auckland 1023 New Zealand
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Westhaven Marina, 137 Westhaven Drive, Auckland 1011 New Zealand
City of Sails
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Achilles Point, Cliff Road St Heliers Bay, Auckland Central, Auckland 2004 New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.