Clay Bird Shooting in Gibbston Valley
Join us at the Oxbow Gun Club, where you and your mates can enjoy a spot of healthy competition shooting clay targets out of the sky against one of New Zealand’s most magnificent backdrops.
Enjoy one-on-one guidance in Clay Bird Shooting from an experienced instructor, ensuring few clays get away alive.
When it comes to firearms, safety is always of the utmost importance. Oxbow prioritises safety first for our Clay Bird Shooting adventure. Not only will you go through a thorough safety briefing and gun safety demonstration, but you will also be provided with high-quality protective gear, including earmuffs, glasses and a shooting vest.
The stand facilitates six shooters per session; each shooter is positioned in their own stand with safety barriers to ensure safe operation at all times.
per adult from
What's included :
- We provide Shooting Vest, Ear Muffs, Safety Glasses as well as Safety Briefing.
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
We can accommodate singles and groups of all sizes for Clay Bird Shooting. Our custom-designed compact sporting field is equipped with eight automatic clay bird throwers to suit all abilities; it also includes the run-away rabbit across the ground (don’t worry, it’s not the real thing!). For the more experienced shooters or those wanting an extra challenge, we offer the choice of a 25 or 50 Bird ‘Flurry’.
We’ll provide the shotguns and protective gear, so all you have to do is ready, aim, fire!
Departure Point :2696 Gibbston Valley, Gibbston 9371, New Zealand
Departure Time :7/28/2021 - 12/13/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can view our Covid 19 Protocols on our website https://oxbow.co.nz/covid-19/. We also have Level 1 and level 2 Protocols available onsite.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.