Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding Higher Take off - Aerobatic flight INSTRUCTIONAL
We have the most experienced tandem paragliding and hang gliding Company at Coronet Peak, Queenstown, in fact within New Zealand. Your friendly and highly qualified team is run by Angus Tapper, 4 times New Zealand Paragliding Champion. He has over 30 years aviation experience. The Coronet Peak take off is the highest commercial take off point for Queenstown Paragliding activities.
Our higher take off option is from Rocky Gully. It gives us the opportunity for more aerobatics for the thrill seekers. If you want a gentle flight but still take off higher, this is also for you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Centrally located pickup point
- All necessary equipment
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Go instructional and get to fly a paraglider yourself
What's excluded :
- In-flight photos and videos available
- T-shirts available and other souvenirs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Enjoy a scenic drive up to the Coronet Peak ski field after you get picked up from outside the Cardrona Shop in downtown Queenstown. The transport up to the skifield and return is all included. When you are on take off you will get a full briefing for your paragliding activity. This take off is higher than the regular summer take off and allows for extra swoops and turns during your flight. If you wish to take off from higher but want a gentle scenic flight, this take off is also for you. Breathtaking views over the whole Wakatipu area with Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu, The Remarkables, Arrowtown, the Gibbston Valley of Wines are guaranteed. Coronet Peak is the highest of all the flying sites in Queenstown. Flight times vary, depending on what Mother Nature is providing and are around 10-15 minutes. After your flight you land at the purpose built Flight Park. You will be able to view the fabulous photo and video footage your pilot took of your flight. No obligation to buy. Following that you will be driven back into Queenstown in our free shuttle service. Allow about 2 hours for the round trip.
• Coronet Peak, Queenstown New Zealand
• Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, Coronet Peak, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
Departure Point :Ivan Clarke Gallery, 39 Camp Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weight restrictions apply: minimum weight 20kg, maximum weight 110kg
- Dress warm
- Wear sturdy footwear
- Please make reservations aware of any medical issues you have.
- Infant seats available
- It is important for all customers to declare any of the following medical conditions. Please note this does not necessarily exclude a person from doing our activities. - Pregnancy, Heart Condition, Recent Sprains or Muscular injuries, Panic/Anxiety Attacks, High/low Blood Pressure, Bone Disorders, Fragile Skin, Dislocations, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Prosthetics, Neurological Disorders, Disabilities, Physical Impairment, Motionsickness
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- With NZ being currently in Covid19 Alert Level 1, PPE equipment is not required to be used, but masks and gloves are available, should participants wish to use it. Appropriate spacing in the vans is in place as well as contact tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.