Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding In Winter INSTRUCTIONAL
This flight option is for those that want to learn more about paragliding and actually wanting to have a go at stearing a glider. Go instructional and fly a paraglider! :-) (conditions permitting)
During the winter months (June - September) the chairlifts allow us access to the 5,400ft snow launch.
The views off the summit are incredible, plus we have got a lot of height to play with - 1,100m vertical, which is twice the height of the Queenstown gondola.
Your friendly and highly qualified team leader is a 4 times New Zealand Paragliding Champion. He has over 30 years aviation experience. The You'll be in completely safe and experienced hands on this experience of a lifetime!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Paragliding tour
- Central located pick up point
- All necessary equipment
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Go instructional and get to fly a paraglider yourself
What's excluded :
- In-flight photos and videos (available to purchase)
- Chairlift not included (allow an extra $30)
- T-Shirts available
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, Coronet Peak, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
Tandem Paragliding and Hang gliding off the Coronet Peak ski field, the highest of the flying sites in Queenstown
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Coronet Peak, Queenstown New Zealand
Visit the Coronet Peak Ski Field, one of Queenstown's local ski fields. This is probably the easiest and quickest accessible one with about a 20 mins drive from downtown Queenstown.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up location: Outside Ivan Clarke Gallery, 39 Camp Street, in downtown Queenstown 9300. Please be ready there 15 mins before departure time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weight restrictions apply: minimum weight 20kg, maximum weight 110kg
- Dress warm - the main thing is to wear sturdy footwear
- Please make reservations aware of any medical issues you have. Coronet Peak Tandems will advise if suitable for flying or not.
- Infant seats available
- Please advise Coronet Peak Tandems of any health issues you have. Note: It will not necessarily prevent you from doing this activity.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- With NZ being currently in Covid19 Alert Level 1, PPE equipment is not required to be used, but masks and gloves are available, should participants wish to use it. Appropriate spacing in the vans is in place as well as contact tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.