Cruise Kakariki to the Maori Rock Carvings
We have been cruising to the iconic Maori Rock Carvings since 1982.
This all-year-round activity offers relaxation, fun and adventure on the water, the Kiwi way. Get right up close to this culturally significant 46 foot (14m) high rock art.
Excellent, amusing and current commentary on Lake Taupo, the volcanoes and the carvings.
per adult from
What's included :
- Restroom on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Toasty warm ponchos
- Evening cruises include a glass of wine/beer/soft drink
- Alcoholic beverages available for purchase
- Swimming is encouraged
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Cruise out to the Maori rock carvings on our modern all weather boat.
Learn about the culture, history and sustainability of the region.
View up close the 14 metre high face of Ngatoroirangi and smaller carvings on the waterline.
Marvel at the crystal clear water, green bushline and mighty volcanic mountains.
We have 4 different seating areas to enjoy the views from. Bow, cabin, cockpit or climb up to the flybridge for elevated views.
If there is time watch a trout fishing demonstration.
We encourage swimming Summer or Winter!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Sail Barbary eco-sailing Taupo, Berths 9 &, 10 Redoubt Street, Nukuhau, Taupō 3330, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation.
- Free car parking
- What to Bring: Dress casual, comfortable and warm (layered clothes work best), windproof/showerproof jacket, swimwear and towel (during summer), sunglasses, hat and don’t forget your camera!
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative boat, date or full refund.
- Please note: You are welcome to bring your own prepared food and beverages. NZ law requires adults to be R18 and over to drink alcohol.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- We keep up to date with the government's recommendations to businesses regarding Covid 19. Our region is currently at Level 1. It is not compulsory to wear masks on our boats.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.