Day Trip to Maori Village and Geothermal Rotorua with Lunch
THIS IS A SMALL GROUP TOUR AND INCLUDES ALL OF YOUR ENTRANCE FEES AND TWO COURSE LUNCH!
We will meet you at the port gates and board one of our modern small group minivans, being a small group allows us to move about more efficiently to enjoy a more personal and friendly tour.
Explore the Living Maori Village, where you'll hear from a local descendant about Maori history, customs, and craft traditions. Discover and experience a truly special day of the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua, with geysers, steam vents, hot pools, Maori culture and a performance show not to be missed including the world famous Haka.
Then relax and enjoy a delicious 2 course lunch with unlimited teas and coffees.
We then take a leisurely drive around the highlights of Rotorua, Walk among the giant tree at the Redwood forest a real favourite stop on this tour. Visit the Tudor style design museum, the government gardens, the lake front and a tour through the kiwi fruit orchards to finish.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Two course lunch with unlimited teas and coffee's
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
NO TRIP TO NEW ZEALAND WOULD BE COMPLETE WITHOUT AN EYE OPENING EXPERIENCE INTO THE INSIGHT OF THE MAORI PEOPLE ! This tour does not disappoint, as we take you to an authentic living Maori village. Not only do the Maori people live here on this unforgiving landscape, but this is the only place in the world where people live amongst the geothermal and utilise it in their everyday life's. On arrival your friendly, local Maori guide who will be a direct descendants of the early Maori guides, who shaped tourism in New Zealand for generations. They share with you their knowledge, insights, stories and the way they live on top of this challenging environment. Learn how they live on a daily basis, using natural geothermal resources to cook, bathe and heat their homes as they have for centuries. Walk into a landscape where steam rises all around you, view the natural erupting geysers including the world-famous Pohutu geyser, experience boiling mud-pools, steam vents and bubbling pools. This tour also includes a Maori Cultural Performance a proud history of song and dance spanning over a century, a key way to welcome, enchant and enlighten visitors from all over the world. The talented performers of Te Pakira bring the haka to life with an intensity and passion, guests often call this the highlight of the performing arts experience. Leaving the village, a short drive takes us to one of Rotorua’s highly regarded restaurants for a two course lunch (with a choice of menu) with favourites like Fish & Chips, Chicken Caesar Salad, Pizza, Kiwi Beef or Chicken Burgers and much more. Followed by a selections of delicious cakes, fresh fruit and unlimited Teas and coffee, cold water is also served at your table. Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks can be purchased at own expense. We also cater for all dietary requirement and allergies.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
Bursting with colour and fragrance, the beautiful Government Gardens are a spectacular sight, including the Klamath Rose Gardens named after Klamath Falls in Oregon, North America – a sister city to Rotorua.
The magnificent Elizabethan-style Bath House building is a monument to the New Zealand Government’s first major investment in the tourism industry, it is New Zealand’s most photographed building. The Bath House, which today houses Rotorua Museum, was once a famous spa which offered therapeutic treatments to visitors from all over the world.
Then onto Lake Rotorua the second largest lake in the North Island, by surface area it covers 79.8 km2, with a mean depth of only 10 metres. Here you will also see its many black swans and resident geese.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Redwoods, Whakarewarewa Forest, Long Mile Road The Redwoods, Rotorua 3046 New Zealand
We take a walk under these magnificent giant Californian Redwoods, which were planted in 1901. Today these towering trees stand at approximately 219 feet (67 metres) tall and create a wonderful shelter, which shade the beauty of the undergrowth of ferns and diverse range of native plants. The Ponga or Silver Tree Fern is one of the most distinctive with its silvery white stalk and underside of mature fronds. It is one of New Zealand’s national emblems shown clearly on the chest of the All Blacks rugby jersey. The Redwood Forest is one of Rotorua’s most spectacular natural assets and one of the city’s greatest treasures. Whatever the reason for your visit you will experience a feeling of attachment to this wonderful place.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kiwifruit Country, 316 State Highway 33, Paengaroa 3189 New Zealand
Enjoy a visit to a working kiwi fruit orchards, learn the history how this wondrous fruit became established here in New Zealand. Experience this wonder fruit with taste testing of the different varieties of fruit, jams, juices and much more.
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We will adjust the tour time to allow time for disembark from early/late arrival ships.This tour is solely for passengers arriving on ships at Tauranga Port!Please make your way to the port gate - 5 min walk from ship We will be waiting with a name board with your name on it!Ports
- Port of Tauranga (please make your way to the port gate - 5 min walk from ship)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick up time will be sent to you after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from the date of tour (or upon booking if within 30 days).
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.