Discover Christchurch Sightseeing Tour with optional International Antarctic Center Admission
Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch. Wander the Monavale Gardens with pretty ponds and water features, drive through the city center with its historic buildings and architecture. Visit the seaside suburb of Sumner, and travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps. Choose either a morning or afternoon departure, and upgrade to include the Intentional Antarctic Center.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hagglund ride (if option selected)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The tour commences by covering the central city highlights including the Botanical Gardens, Museum and Art Centre, Avon River and the Bridge of Remembrance.
Then leave the inner city and drivel to Mona Vale, a historic homestead and gardens. Here you will have time to take a short stroll within the 5.5 hectares of richly landscaped gardens, ponds and fountains.
Next, travel up to ’Sign of the Takahe’ a historical building nestled atop the Cashmere Hills, with spectacular views over the city, Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps. Journey back to the city to the Port of Lyttleton, through the harbour tunnel to the seaside suburb of Sumner and cave rock before returning to the central city where the tour will conclude.
Why not combine the Christchurch Sightseeing tour with admission into the International Antarctic Center. The center recreates the atmosphere of Antarctica with a Snow and Ice Experience, the Blue Penguin Encounter and an exhilarating Hagglung ride. This option only available for the morning departure and will add an additional two-hours to your sightseeing tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.