Dunedin Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing with Olveston House Tour
Discover Dunedin’s roots when your ship is in port on a shore excursion that takes in the city's central sights and historic Olveston House. You’ll see Dunedin’s highlights -- including Otago University on a two-hour sightseeing tour which includes guided tour of the stately Olveston mansion and its landscaped gardens.
per adult from
What's included :
- Dunedin sightseeing tour
- Professional guide
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Olveston Historic Home
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Start your shore excursion with port pickup and board your comfortable coach for a sightseeing tour. Hear commentary detailing Dunedin’s history as you motor around the hilly city, which overlooks the Otago Peninsula.
Pass By: Baldwin Street: The Steepest Street in the World, Baldwin Street, Dunedin 9010 New Zealand
Pass by Baldwin Street, considered the world’s steepest street, and get a glimpse of the harbour.
Pass By: Dunedin Botanic Garden, Corner of Great King Street and Opoho Road, Dunedin New Zealand
See the beautiful Botanic Gardens of Dunedin City on this sightseeing tour.
Pass By: University of Otago, 362 Leith Street, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
View the University of Otago, the neoclassical Dunedin Town Hall and Renaissance Revival–style Dunedin Railway Station as well as opulent banks, theatres and 19th-century edifices.
Stop At: Olveston Historic Home, 42 Royal Terrace, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
After the city tour you will join a 1-hour guided tour of Olveston Historic Home a 35-room mansion and gardens. A docent reveals the history behind this enchanting time capsule of one of Dunedin’s wealthy merchant families. Built in a Jacobean style, Olveston is decorated with original fine art and furniture collected by the home’s wealthy owners. Stroll past century-old trees and manicured lawns to the gardens.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers 9023, New Zealand
Rejoin your guide in the afternoon aboard the coach, and the return drive to the Dunedin port. You will be given the opportunity to explore Port Chalmers where you can discover a vibrant village with a wide range of art & culture from potters and sculptors to painters, musicians, jewellers and fashion designers and then make your way back to board the Ship.
Departure Point :Port Chalmers, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Should your cruise ship timetable be indicating that you will be berthing in Dunedin (Port Chalmers) at 10am or later, this does not preclude you from booking these tour options. The timetable will simply be altered to align with the cruise ships arrival time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.