Dunedin Shore Excursion: Royal Albatross Centre & Yellow-Eyed Penguins
Get close to nature with this spectacular tour! While your cruise ship is berthed in Port Chalmers, this shore excursion includes a guided tour with commentary through the scenic Otago Peninsula and stunning city of Dunedin, followed by visits to two breeding colonies: the Royal Albatross colony, which includes a guided tour and colony viewing from their exclusive observatory, and the Yellow-eyed Penguin colony, which includes a guided tour of an isolated cove where you can view the breeding colony along with a host of other marine wildlife.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance Fees & Guided Tours
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Albatross Centre
- Entry/Admission - Natures Wonders Naturally
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Your bus will depart from Port Chalmers to Dunedin City via spectacular scenery of the Otago Peninsula.
Pass By: University of Otago, 362 Leith Street, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
Enjoy an entertaining and scenically beautiful tour of the city. The tour will include the famous Otago University, Botanical Gardens, historic buildings, cathedrals, stately homes, and the world’s steepest street with lots of photo opportunities.
Stop At: The Royal Albatross Centre, 1260 Harington Point Rd, Dunedin New Zealand
Explore the Royal Albatross Centre based on the Otago Peninsula. There will be time for lunch (optional extra) in the centres cafe’s. Here you will join a 60 minute unique guided tour, where you can view the Royal Albatross and learn more about these magnificent birds and the history of the region. Witness fascinating social behaviour of this breeding colony and have the chance to be awed by the soaring three metre wingspan of the birds flying overhead. Tour includes a short film and colony viewing from an exclusive observatory.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Natures Wonders Naturally, Taiaroa Head, Otago Peninsula, Dunedin 9077 New Zealand
Join Nature's Wonders for a fully guided tour of an isolated cove on a remote part of the Otago Peninsula where you will be able to view the Yellow-eyed Penguin breeding colony. You may also be able to see New Zealand Fur Seals and their pups, little blue penguins, a breeding colony of cormorants, along with a 360 degree view of the Otago Peninsula.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers 9023, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please where a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.