Dunedin Shore Excursion: Sights, Glenfalloch Gardens, Chinese Gardens & Museum
A must-do for garden enthusiasts! This Dunedin shore excursion includes a guided tour of the stunning Glenfalloch Gardens, with a delicious morning tea included, and a sightseeing tour of Dunedin City with entertaining commentary and time to explore on your own. Also there will be visits to both the beautiful Chinese Gardens and historic Otago Early Settlers Museum before returning you to your cruise ship in Port Chalmers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Morning Tea
- Entrance Fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Glenfalloch Woodland Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Dunedin Chinese Garden
- Entry/Admission - Toitu Otago Settlers Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers 9023, New Zealand
Your bus will depart from Port Chalmers for the Glenfalloch Gardens via spectacular scenery of the Otago Peninsula.
Stop At: Glenfalloch Woodland Gardens, 430 Portobello Road Macandrew Bay, Dunedin 9077 New Zealand
Arrive at Glenfalloch Gardens for a fully guided tour. Situated in peaceful, relaxing surroundings where you can enjoy fantastic panoramic views of the harbour and a tour through this beautiful garden with both native and imported plants and flowers. Following your time in the garden, enjoy a delicious morning tea of cinnamon scones and vanilla pikelets served with poached apple and fresh whipped cream, coffee and tea.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: The Octagon, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
Depart Glenfalloch and return to Dunedin city to enjoy an entertaining and scenically beautiful tour of the city. The tour will include the famous Otago University, Botanical Gardens, historic buildings, cathedrals, stately homes, and the world’s steepest street with lots of photo opportunities. Stop at the Octagon in the central city where there will be time to get some lunch (optional extra) and explore the central city's shops.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Dunedin Chinese Garden, Corner Rattray and Cumberland Streets Next to Toitū Otago Settlers Museum, Dunedin 9058 New Zealand
Following your city tour, you'll arrive at Dunedin’s Chinese Garden. This is an authentic Chinese Garden created as a fitting, permanent recognition of the Chinese people who came to Otago during the 1880’s gold rush and stayed to establish some of the city’s businesses. The Chinese Garden was crafted by a team of Shanghai based artisans and craftsmen.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Toitu Otago Settlers Museum, 31 Queens Garden, Dunedin 9054 New Zealand
Following your exploration of the gardens there will also be time to explore the Otago Early Settlers Museum, the 100,000 plus items in the Museum’s collection highlight the character, culture, technology, art, fashion and transport of the Otago Province from before the time of European Settlement to the present. Finally return to your cruise ship before its departure from port.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers 9023, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.