Dunedin Shore Excursion - Sightseeing, Larnach Castle, Chinese Garden & Museum
A unique opportunity to experience the very best Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula has to offer. This shore excursion combines sightseeing of Dunedin City and the Otago Peninsula with a guided tour of the stunning Larnach Castle and its grounds. Also included is Dunedin’s Chinese Gardens: an authentic Chinese Garden crafted by a team of artisans and craftsman from Dunedin’s sister city of Shanghai. Adjacent to the gardens, explore the Otago Early Settlers Museum with emphasis on the early settlement of Otago.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Larnach Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Dunedin Chinese Garden
- Entry/Admission - Toitu Otago Settlers Museum
What's excluded :
- Food & Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers 9023, New Zealand
Your bus will depart from Port Chalmers for a city sights tour of Dunedin, where you'll get to see Otago University, Botanical Gardens, Historic Buildings, 'World's Steepest Street', and more with plenty of photo opportunities. Please be ready by 9.15 for a 9.30 departure.
Stop At: Larnach Castle & Gardens, 145 Camp Rd Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Arrive at Larnach Castle and journey back in time with a guided tour of New Zealand`s only castle built in 1871. Learn the scandalous, exciting and tragic history of the castle whilst enjoying the magnificent splendor of a bygone era. The tour also includes the castles gardens which are of international significance and provide breathtaking views from this commanding vantage point on the Otago Peninsula. There will also be time for lunch (at own expense)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Dunedin Chinese Garden, Corner Rattray and Cumberland Streets Next to Toitū Otago Settlers Museum, Dunedin 9058 New Zealand
Depart Larnach Castle and return to Dunedin where a visit of Dunedin’s Chinese Garden has been arranged. This is an authentic Chinese Garden created as a fitting, permanent recognition of the Chinese people who came to Otago during the 1880’s gold rush and stayed to establish some of the city’s businesses. The Chinese Garden was crafted by a team of Shanghai based artisans and craftsmen.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Toitu Otago Settlers Museum, 31 Queens Garden, Dunedin 9054 New Zealand
Following your exploration of the gardens there will also be time to explore the Otago Early Settlers Museum, the 100,000 plus items in the Museum’s collection highlight the character, culture, technology, art, fashion and transport of the Otago Province from before the time of European Settlement to the present. Finally return to your cruise ship before its departure from port.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Port Chalmers, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.