Dunedin Shore Excursion: Taieri Gorge Railway and the Otago Peninsula Day Trip from Dunedin
This tour combines an unforgettable way to explore inland Dunedin by railway and also visit the stunning Otago Peninsula. The Taieri Gorge Railway provides a look at the vast landscape of Dunedin with spectacular views as you travel through narrow tunnels, along sharp curves, over deep ravines and through the Taieri River Gorge. The second half of the day continues with an exploration of Otago Peninsula’s rugged coastline, where some of the best photo opportunities can be experienced, as you get off the beaten track with a New Zealand Qualmark Endorsed business on a small group shore excursion.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Taieri Gorge Railway
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dunedin Railway Station, Dunedin New Zealand
Initially, we will transfer you to the Historic Dunedin Railway Station where you will board the train - you will have 20 or so minutes to enjoy this work of art
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Taieri Gorge Railway, Dunedin Railway Station Anzac Square, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
Enjoy a 4-4.5 hour train journey up the Taieri Gorge. Your furthest point will be Pukerangi Station located in the middle of nowhere. Here, you will have 10-15 minutes to stretch your legs. There are usually a few handicraft stalls set up for you to enjoy before you take the return journey back to Dunedin.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
When you return to Dunedin your guide will meet you outside the Dunedin Railway Station and take you out to enjoy some of the finest coastal scenery of our region - the Otago Peninsula is characterized by rolling farmland, sheep farms and an intriguing coastline.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port Chalmers (Also Known as Port Otago)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- PLEASE CONTACT US if there is not a departure time that suits your cruise ship schedule - guaranteed we can help!
- If your ship arrives later than 9.00am we will still conduct the tour but you will only ride the train one-way through the gorge rather than both ways - we will pick you up from Pukerangi Station and take you back to port.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note: Lunch is not included however we can provide a gourmet ‘picnic lunch’ if option selected (see pricing), it includes a ham sandwich, packet of chips, piece of fruit, muslei bar and juice
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.