Dunedin Shore Excursion: Wildlife Cruise & Royal Albatross Centre
A must-do for nature lovers! While your cruise ship is berthed in Port Chalmers, join us for a tour of Dunedin City and the Otago Peninsula followed by a wildlife cruise of the Otago Harbour which showcases a host of marine animals along with a fully guided tour of the Royal Albatross Centre with viewings of the rare Royal Albatross.
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Monarch Wildlife Cruise
- Entrance Fees & Guided Tours
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Monarch Wildlife Cruises - Wellers Rock Wharf
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Albatross Centre
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
Pass By: Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers, Dunedin 9023, New Zealand
Your bus will depart from Port Chalmers to Dunedin City via spectacular scenery of the Otago Peninsula.
Stop At: The Octagon, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
Enjoy an entertaining and scenically beautiful tour of the city. The tour will include the famous Otago University, Botanical Gardens, historic buildings, cathedrals, stately homes, and the world’s steepest street with lots of photo opportunities. Stop at the Octagon in the central city where there will be time to get some lunch (optional extra) and explore the central city's shops.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Monarch Wildlife Cruises - Wellers Rock Wharf, 813 Harington Point Road, Otakou 9077, New Zealand
Arrive at Wellers Rock and join the Monarch Wildlife Cruise: a one hour cruise around the heads of the Otago Peninsula where Royal Albatross can be viewed along with a host of marine animals including fur seals, dolphins, and little blue penguins.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Royal Albatross Centre, 1260 Harington Point Rd, Dunedin New Zealand
Explore the Royal Albatross Centre based on the Otago Peninsula. There will be time for lunch (optional extra) in the centres cafe’s. After lunch you will join a 60 minute unique guided tour, where you can view the Royal Albatross and learn more about these magnificent birds and the history of this region of New Zealand. Witness fascinating social behaviour of this breeding colony and have the chance to be awed by the soaring three metre wingspan of the birds flying above. Tour includes a short film and colony viewing from an exclusive observatory. After your visit, you will return to Port Chalmers to board your cruise ship.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Port Chalmers, Otago, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please where a facemask for all transport.