Dunedin Shore Excursion: Wildlife Cruise & Yellow Eyed Penguins
Combine a Monarch Wildlife Cruise with its excellent display of marine wildlife and a guided tour of a Yellow-eyed Penguin Colony located in an isolated cove on the Otago Peninsula. While your cruise ship is berthed at Port Chalmers, enjoy an informative and entertaining sightseeing tour of Dunedin City before joining your wildlife cruise where you can see fur seals, little blue penguins, albatross, and more. Following your cruise make a stop for a quick lunch break and then make your way to the unique and isolated Yellow-eyed Penguin breeding colony with Nature Wonders.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Monarch Wildlife Cruise
- Entrance Fees & Guided Tours
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Monarch Wildlife Cruises - Wellers Rock Wharf
- Entry/Admission - Natures Wonders Naturally
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Your bus will depart from Port Chalmers to Dunedin City via spectacular scenery of the Otago Peninsula.
Pass By: University of Otago, 362 Leith Street, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
Enjoy an entertaining and scenically beautiful tour of the city. The tour will include the famous Otago University, Botanical Gardens, historic buildings, cathedrals, stately homes, and the world’s steepest street with lots of photo opportunities.
Stop At: Monarch Wildlife Cruises - Wellers Rock Wharf, 813 Harington Point Road, Otakou 9077, New Zealand
Arrive at Wellers Rock and join the Monarch Wildlife Cruise: a one hour cruise around the heads of the Otago Peninsula where Royal Albatross can be viewed along with a host of marine animals including fur seals, dolphins, and little blue penguins.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Royal Albatross Centre, 1260 Harington Point Rd, Dunedin New Zealand
Make a stop at the Royal Albatross Centre for lunch (optional extra)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Natures Wonders Naturally, Taiaroa Head, Otago Peninsula, Dunedin 9077 New Zealand
Join Nature's Wonders for a fully guided tour of an isolated cove on a remote part of the Otago Peninsula where you will be able to view the Yellow-eyed Penguin breeding colony. You may also be able to see New Zealand Fur Seals and their pups, little blue penguins, a breeding colony of cormorants, along with a 360 degree view of the Otago Peninsula.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Port Chalmers, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please where a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.