Enchanting Rotorua Experience - Overnight [2 Day Tour]
New Zealand prides itself as one of the few countries in the world with an incredibly wide range of natural resources and wonderful attractions. One of the country’s most unique natural wonders are the famous glow-worm caves, and geothermal hotspirngs.
Taking a road trip to this amazing destination located in the King Country of the Waikato takes about 3 hours when driving south from Auckland. If you love the idea of taking a break from urban life and breezing down the highway surrounded by lush greenery, then a drive from Auckland to Waitomo Caves won’t disappoint you. The longest river in New Zealand, the Waikato, will keep you company along the road.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Hand-picked accommodation included in our platinum and gold packages
- Entry to Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Kiwi House Native Bird Park & Te Puia Geothermal Valley
- Steam Box Lunch on Day 2
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
What's excluded :
- Hand-picked accommodation excluded in our silver and bronze package
- Entry to Deluxe Lake Spa
- Entry/Admission - Polynesian Spa
Day 1: Waitomo Glowworm Cave + Kiwi House Native Bird Park
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Be amazed by thousands of magical glowworms above as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Your guided Waitomo Caves tour will be an unforgettable sightseeing experience as you walk through majestic caverns, explore limestone shafts, marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites and enjoy a boat ride through a grotto lit by thousands of tiny native glowworms.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park, 25 Alex Telfer Drive, Otorohanga 3900 New Zealand
We then try to get close up and personal to new Zealand’s iconic national bird,and other native birds kiwi house and nature bird park . Best place in NZto see a Kiwi- close up viewing of our national bird in moonlit noctornual enclosure.It’s a truly authentic New Zealand nature experience in the heart of the North Island – ideal for a family outing and suitable for all ages.
We then head on to our next destination, a land of geothermal wonders at Rotorua. You are set to relax.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Polynesian Spa, Hinemoa Street, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Nestled on the shores of Lake Rotorua lies Polynesian Spa – a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat, where you can experience wellness sourced from Rotorua’s very own backyard. Channelling the geothermal marvels in its backyard, waters from two natural springs are fed into the 28 hot mineral pools at Polynesian Spa. The slightly acidic Priest Spring relieves tired muscles, aches and pains while the alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish skin.
After the therapeutic spa, relax at our overnight stay in Rotorua
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: You can find your own accommodation in Rotorua or upgrade your experience to have accommodation included (charges apply)
Day 2: Te Puia Geothermal Valley + Steam Box Lunch
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Explore Te Puia’s unique Whakarewarewa geothermal valley home to the world famous Pohutu Geyser, which erupts up to twenty times a day, and up to thirty metres high into the air. Explore the boiling mud pools and the boiling waters which are still used to cook in. The tradition of guiding in the Whakarewarewa geothermal valley extends for generations. Te Puia is a must-do activity in Rotorua, and a day tour of Te Puia is the best way to experience this top visitor attraction in New Zealand.
Duration: 3 hours
• Lunch: Discover the distinctive flavours and unique preparation of our traditionally cooked Maori hangi.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location: Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is an exclusive private experience only for your group to participate
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.