Enchanting Rotorua Experience - Overnight [2 Day Tour]
Discover serenity in the most delicate and intimate experience. Get the most out of your visit to Rotorua with a package to explore more of an unforgettable cave in Waitomo. Enjoy close-up viewing of our national bird, the Kiwi, in specialised nocturnal enclosures. Experiencing the incredible Rotorua geothermal parks, one of the most unique things to do in Rotorua. The city’s unique location means that it’s perched on the Pacific Rim of Fire, making the city and the region a wonderland of geothermal activity and enjoy traditional animal Farm Experiences and more. Go get exploring!
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the journey
- Luxurious temperature-controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to fully guided 45 minutes experience Waitomo Glow Worm Cave
- Boat ride on an underground stream through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Admission to Otorohonga Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
- Admission to full day pass at Te Puia Geothermal Valley
- Rotorua city highlights – Government gardens, thermal springs & Polynesian spa
- Admission to fully guided Rotorua Farm Tour
- Marvel at awe-inspiring stalactites and stalagmites during the iconic Glow-worm Caves
- Walk through the Cathedral Cave and experience the amazing acoustics
- See more glow-worms than you could ever imagine all lighting up above your head!
- Enjoy close-up viewing of our national bird, the Kiwi, in specialised nocturnal enclosures
- Meet the unique Tuatara reptile, which pre-dated the dinosaurs
- Walk through New Zealand’s largest dome aviary
- Chance to see the towering water jets of Pōhutu Geyser
- Insights into Māori heritage & historical uses of the land
- Experience what a typical New Zealand working farm is like
- See a wide variety of native wildlife and hand feed different farm animals
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Entry/Admission - Rotorua Heritage Farm
What's excluded :
- Entry to Deluxe Lake Spa
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Child safety car seat rental NZD $50.00 plus booking fees payable directly (with 24 hours’ notice).
Day 1: Waitomo Glowworm Cave and Kiwi House Experience & Overnight Stay in Rotorua
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Be amazed by thousands of magical glowworms above as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Your guided Waitomo Caves tour will be an unforgettable sightseeing experience as you walk through majestic caverns, explore limestone shafts, marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites and enjoy a boat ride through a grotto lit by thousands of tiny native glowworms.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park, 25 Alex Telfer Drive, Otorohanga 3900 New Zealand
We then try to get close up and personal to new Zealand’s iconic national bird,and other native birds kiwi house and nature bird park . Best place in NZto see a Kiwi- close up viewing of our national bird in moonlit noctornual enclosure.It’s a truly authentic New Zealand nature experience in the heart of the North Island – ideal for a family outing and suitable for all ages.
We then head on to our next destination, a land of geothermal wonders at Rotorua. You are set to relax.
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Accommodation is not included. ExperienceKart can arrange this for you (added cost) or you can choose to book your own.
Day 2: Rotorua City Highlights, Te Puia Geothermal Valley, Rotorua Heritage Farm Tours and return to Auckland
Stop At: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
This day we start our morning exploring the geothermal city highlights by visiting the stunning locations in the heart of Rotorua. Explore historic gardens that surround a Tudor-style spa bath house and an ornate Mediterranean-style public swimming pool. Peer through the steam into ancient bubbling geothermal pools.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Explore Te Puia’s unique Whakarewarewa geothermal valley home to the world famous Pohutu Geyser, which erupts up to twenty times a day, and up to thirty metres high into the air. Explore the boiling mud pools and the boiling waters which are still used to cook in. The tradition of guiding in the Whakarewarewa geothermal valley extends for generations. Te Puia is a must-do activity in Rotorua, and a day tour of Te Puia is the best way to experience this top visitor attraction in New Zealand.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rotorua Heritage Farm, 171 Fairy Springs Road, Fairy Springs, Rotorua 3015, New Zealand
A trip to New Zealand is not complete without a traditional farm experience. Breathe in the fresh air as you enter and are greeted by a typical farm environment with covered trailers where your exciting 1-hour guided farm tour begins. You’ll love interacting with all the friendly animals – make sure you have your camera ready to snap a selfie! There are so many different varieties, you’ll be spoiled for choice - see alpacas, llamas, goats, sheep, cattle, ponies, deer, ostrich, pigs, chicken, rabbits and more. Your friendly guide will provide educational information, and you can even hand feed the animals!
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location: Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- COVID-19 precautions -Safety measures in place. All areas that exposed to customers are frequently cleaned & sanitised.
- We are able to accommodate a stroller or a pram, provided it is fully collapsible and can fit in the luggage compartment of our buses.
- Souvenir photos are available for purchase after your tour.
- We stay dry – the tour does not involve using a wet suit or abseiling or river rapids, it’s very easy.
- Tours are suitable for people of all ages and average fitness. Our scenic walks are short and optional. Please let our guide know at check in if you have any fitness concerns.
- Licensed bar available at Te Puia, drinks available for purchase at additional cost.
- The caves are accessible to those with reasonable mobility, as there are good handrails and paths. There is no wheelchair access.
- Caves average at a temperature of 16-17 degrees year-round.
- Boat tour capacity is up to 23 people.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, sun protection, jacket/warm layer & essential personal items.
- No photography is permitted inside the Waitomo caves, and cameras and Go Pros cannot be taken on the tour.
- No backpacks or large bags allowed in cave due to delicate formations.
- Please do not touch the formation in the cave as it discoloured easily, please help us protect our cave.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.