Exclusive Access Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set for the ultimate behind-the-scenes look at where ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and the 'Hobbit' trilogies were filmed. You and your small group will be one of the first to this popular attraction near Matamata, a small agricultural town approximately 2.5-hour drive from Auckland. . It's the perfect day for fans of Gandalf and the gang!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local Guide Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Exclusive Tour
- Breakfast/Brunch in The Mill
- Enjoy a Scoop of New Zealand's tastiest Ice Cream
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport via Air-Conditioned Mini Coach
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
This exclusive access small group tour is for the ultimate Hobbit and Lord of the Rings fans. This tour includes an exclusive second breakfast in The Mill. The early start also means this is one of the first tours on set so you miss the crowds as well.
Depart from your Auckland hotel at approximately 6:00am for your drive south over the Bombay Hills to the lush farmland of the Waikato region. Your Bush and Beach guide will talk about the areas you drive through and its history and give you some background to the movies. Upon arrival at the Hobbiton Movie Set, you and your fellow Hobbiton fans have an early tour with a private guide. Take plenty of pictures as you pass Bilbo Baggins’ house, The Mill, and the party tree, among other recognizable landmarks.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Green Dragon Inn, Hobbiton Movie Set, Matamata 3472, New Zealand
After your guided tour of the movie set you head to an epic second breakfast at the Green Dragon Inn. The meal which is exclusive to this tour includes morning staples such as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages and fruit, in addition to creamy mushrooms and grilled tomatoes.
After your tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set you visit the gift shop and then head back towards Auckland. Along the way, you will stop for a scoop of New Zealand’s signature Hokey Pokey ice cream. This world-famous vanilla ice cream is packed with clumps of honeycomb toffee – a sweet way to end your day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Tour departs from selected Auckland hotels if your hotel is not in the list above please advise of Hotel name upon booking.Return point: Returns to original departure point from inner city Auckland hotels is included
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.