Far North New Zealand Tour Including 90 Mile Beach and Cape Reinga from Paihia
Enjoy this full-day tour visiting the best of the Far North in a unique Dune Rider vehicle. Let our drivers immerse you in the culture and history of the Far North while taking in the amazing scenery of places like the 90 Mile Beach and Cape Reinga.
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Full commentary from our knowledgeable local driver guides
- Fresh packed lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Opportunity to sand board down Te Paki Sand dunes including boogie boards
What's excluded :
- Ferry from Russell to Paihia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cape Reinga Lighthouse, Cape Reinga 0484 New Zealand
Stop at Cape Reinga Light House at the very tip of New Zealand!
View where the two seas meet!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ninety Mile Beach, Kaitaia New Zealand
Cruise along the Ninety Mile Beach in our specialty built 4x4 coach
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Te Paki, Te Paki, Northland Region, North Island
Northland’s must see spots including the remote Te Paki sand dunes, with an opportunity to climb up and sand board down them.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ka-uri Unearthed, 229 State Highway 1 Rd1, Awanui 0451 New Zealand
Kā Uri is owned and operated by Ngāti Kuri and specialises in developing and manufacturing kauri wood products radio carbon-dated at more than 45,000 years old.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Traveler pickup is offered
The coach can pick you up from your accommodation or at the closest pick up location. Otherwise the pick-up will be from the Maritime Building/Paihia Wharf at 7:15am.If you are staying at Russell you will need to catch the 7am ferry from Russell over to Paihia and we will pick you up from the Maritime building at 7:15am.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tides will determine the order of activity stops
- Wear a light jacket and flat soled shoes
- Bring your camera, and a change of clothes for sandboarding
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a sunhat are a must in summer months
- Check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.