Flexible Fully Guided South Island Bus Pass- Christchurch to Christchurch return
Allowing you to see the South Island of New Zealand in a cost friendly and flexible way. This Hop-On Hop-Off flexible bus pass allows you to take your time and see all that the South Island offers! Join in with our friendly driver guide who will show you around, offering activities and some incredible accommodation options that can all be booked in on the bus along the way.
Depart from Christchurch (
main pick-up point YMCA Christchurch 7:15am) and head in a loop around the South Island taking a minimum of 11 days to complete, or up to 365 days if you'd like! This guided tour lets you relax and see all that the South Island of New Zealand has to offer whilst we do the work for you!
• Fully guided flexible tour allowing you to choose what you want to do
• Meet mates from all around the world
• Largest and original hop-on hop-off NZ travel network
per adult from
11 to 365 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guaranteed Accommodation (Paid for on arrival at accommodation)
- Guaranteed bookings on activities (Activities not included in price, can be booked on bus with driver guide)
- Daily walks and photo stops
- Daily cafe/supermarket breaks
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Accommodation (can be booked on the bus with the driver guide daily at an extra cost)
- Activities (can be booked on the bus with the driver guide daily at an extra cost)
- Christchurch to Kaikoura
We start off heading north to Kaikoura, one of the best places to swim with the dolphins or watch the whales leaping. Kaikoura offers some of the best marine activities in New Zealand!
Kaikoura to Abel Tasman
Today we head in to the gateway of the Abel Tasman National Park. Renowned for the beautiful walking tracks and golden sand beaches. Activities such as kayaking and water taxis to the tracks are found here.
Abel Tasman to Westport
Enjoy the late departure so you can spend the morning kayaking out to Split Apple Rock and along the golden bays near Kaiteriteri. On arrival into the surfing town of Westport explore the rugged coastline by surfing or stand up paddle boarding, or check out the rugged West Coast Beach nearby.
Westport to Lake Mahinapua
Tonight we spend the night in a traditional West Coast pub where you have a chance to enjoy a delicious group meal and bond with your bus mates.
Lake Mahinapua to Franz Josef
Continue along the beautiful West Coast of New Zealand through forests and past the towering Southern Alps to glacier country. Franz Josef is the northern gateway to Te Wahipounamu, the Southwest New Zealand World Heritage area.
Franz Josef Free Day
We factor in a free day in Franz Josef so that you can get out there and experience all it has to offer. It’s a wicked spot, and whatever you get out and do, you will be blown away by the views of the glacier and the Alps.
Franz Josef to Wanaka
We then journey to the magical Southern Lakes region and take the time to chill in the beautiful Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area. Then it’s into Mount Aspiring National Park, arriving in the awe-inspiring destination of Wanaka in the
Wanaka to Queenstown
We arrive in Queenstown mid-afternoon and head down to the spectacular waterfront before it’s out on the town exploring Queenstown’s infamous nightlife with all the crew. Welcome to Queenstown. Adventure capital of New Zealand... and the world!
Queenstown Free Day
Queenstown is one of the most amazing places on Earth. No matter what time of the year, it is rated as one of our passenger’s favourite spots. Take the time to spend a few days here as it is one of the most picturesque places in the world.
Queenstown to Lake Tekapo
After stopping to admire Mt Cook at Lake Pukaki,
we travel to Lake Tekapo with its amazing location by the snow-capped Alps and clear starry skies.
Lake Tekapo to Christchurch
Today we have a straight run into Christchurch, our largest city in the South Island and the 3rd largest in New Zealand.
Departure Point :Christchurch • YMCA Christchurch 7:15am
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.