Full-day Akaroa Tour with Penguins Safari and Wine Tasting
Take time out to connect with nature and delight in a nature safari encompassing the wild penguins at Flea Bay. How peaceful is that! To complete your day, enjoy an end-of-day wine tasting (or non-alcoholic beverage) and afternoon platter at the very special French Peak vineyard.. Your journey to Akaroa takes in the stunning scenery of the rugged Banks Peninsula coastline and farmlands. Stopovers include the award winning Barrys Bay Cheese factory at Duvauchelle, and the quaint Little River Café & Gallery. You can also enjoy wandering around the French-inspired township of Akaroa (during the day, you will have a little over 3 hours spare time to wander in and around at your own pace).
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Nature safari by local conservationists looking after a wild penguin colony near Akaroa
- wine-tasting and afternoon platter
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - French Peak Wines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Banks Peninsula, 575 Summit Road, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
Your journey to Akaroa takes in the breath-taking scenery of the rugged Banks Peninsula coastline and farmlands.
Stop At: Akaroa, Akaroa, Canterbury Region, South Island
Enjoy wandering around the French township of Akaroa (amount of time depends on the options you select).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pōhatu / Flea Bay, Canterbury 7581, New Zealand
Discover the penguin colony in their natural habitat at remote Pohatu (the largest Australasian Little Penguin colony on mainland New Zealand). You will receive an expert guided tour of the White-Flippered penguin colony by a local family of conservationists.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: French Peak Wines, 79 French Farm Valley Rd, Akaroa 7520 New Zealand
To complete your day, enjoy an end-of-day wine tasting (or non-alcoholic beverage) and afternoon platter at the special French Peak vineyard.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Maossie will pick up from any centrally located Christchurch hotel / motel. Kindly be ready to board the Maossie Tours bus arriving outside the hotel foyer approximately 5 minutes before pickup time. After hotel pick-ups, the distinctive Maossie Tours bus (black Mercedes) will be parked and waiting alongside Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Ave Central Christchurch, near the corner of Worcester Blvd. until the scheduled departure time
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.