Full-Day Guided Sea Kayak Trip from Picton
Sea kayak from the picturesque Picton foreshore, across the harbour and into the Grove Arm of the Queen Charlotte Sound. Stop on a sandy beach in this beautiful remote location for morning tea and lunch. Your guide will enjoy sharing their knowledge of the Marlborough Sounds and it's native flora and fauna as you paddle along.
per adult from
What's included :
- All necessary equipment
- Local taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- There are no exclusions
- Meet your guide at our base on the Picton waterfront at 8.45am. After a quick safety briefing and form filling exercise, you launch from the Picton foreshore.
Paddling up the eastern foreshore of the harbour, you will quickly become familiar with the rhythm of sea kayaking. As you make your way into the Grove Arm of the Queen Charlotte Sound, you will pass bush clad shorelines that dominate the area.
After an hour or so of relaxed paddling, it is time for morning tea on a secluded sandy beach.
Feeling refreshed and invigorated, it is time to paddle across the Sound to the pristine shorelines of the western foreshore of the Grove Arm. Your guide enjoys sharing the fascinating history, wildlife and Maori legends of the area. We stop for lunch at one of the local bays, enjoying the peace and tranquility of this remote location.
After lunch head down towards Anakiwa and home to the Outward Bound school, paddling past nesting cormorants and maybe a seal or two.
Your day ends at Ngakuta Bay where you board a van for a 15 minute ride back to Picton.
Departure Point :4 Wellington Street, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers (we can cater to younger children minimum age 10 years upon inquiry)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required (please enquire if travelling on your own, as there may be others booked on)
- We are happy to collect you from your accommodation in Picton with prior arrangement. We are unable to pick up from Blenheim
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.