Full-Day Milford Sound Hiking Tour with Cruise
Enjoy a friendly, small group (maximum 15 people) day excursion to Milford Sound from Te Anau, including a small boat cruise along the full length of the fiord and out to the Tasman Sea. Our relaxed timetable ensures plenty of opportunities for guests to enjoy short walks, photographic stops and exploration with the nature guide. Plus, from November to April guests can select 2 ½ hours hiking (unguided) on the renowned Routeburn Track to Key Summit.
What's included :
- Afternoon or morning tea
- Local driver/guide
- Te Anau accommodation pickup and drop-off (if advised)
- Sightseeing boat cruise
- Guided and Self-Guided Walking tours
- Modern air conditioned minivan (max 15)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Queenstown pick ups - the tour departs from Te Anau
Departing from Te Anau, travel in a small group (maximum 15 people) along the scenic Milford Road through the heart of Fiordland National Park. Your local driver/guide will share their knowledge and entertaining stories along the may.
On reaching Milford Sound enjoy a 2-hour small boat cruise to the Tasman Sea. With excellent viewing opportunities and plenty of time to enjoy the waterfalls, rainforest, mountains and wildlife.
Exploring on foot with a walk in Fiordland is a must, even if it is only a few hundred meters. We stop often to ensure you won't miss a thing!
Enjoy a series of short guided walks and scenic photo stops on the journey. Lots of opportunities are made for you to experience this natural wonderland with all your senses.
Hike in a the range of different environments, from lush forests to magnificent alpine areas carved by glaciers long ago and discover the native birds, such as the cheeky kea. We will tailor the day to the weather and seasonal highlights to ensure your day makes the most of this incredible world heritage area.
• Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
• Key Summit Track, Milford Road The Divide, State Highway 94 , Fiordland National Park, Milford, Auckland New Zealand
• Trips & Tramps, Caswell Road, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9640 New Zealand
• Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
• Lake Gunn, State Highway 94, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
• Fiordland National Park, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
• Te Anau Downs, Te Anau Downs, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
Departure Point :Fiordland Community Events Centre, 20-22 Luxmore Drive, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can collect from any address in the Te Anau township. If you wish to be collected from an address not listed please provide the address, thank you.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Please come dressed for all weather the tour operates in all weather conditions! A good rain coat and practical shoes are a must when traveling in Fiordland.
- Please bring any medication you may require during they day.
- **Please note this tour departs from Te Anau, not Queenstown. Allow 2.5 hours to drive safely from Queenstown to Te Anau, find a park and meet at the central meeting point**
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Extra precautions taken at level 2 as required by the NZ Government. This includes social distancing in the vehicles, plus face masks are available on request.